LS trunk cover: looking to fabricate

kudisbetta

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well my last system, i ended up throwing away my trunk cover ( one that covers over the spare wheel.

I basically have a bare trunk. I want a strong but light wood to cover up the area. I will also carpet the wood.

So any ideas.

as to how to make it look stock? or as to what u should do? I really don't understand the question..

Any wood strong enough is going to be heavy....i would go with fiberglass or something a little lighter, unless you put a support under it. Normally the bolt that holds the spare tire in has a cap at the end that is used for support, so the cover didnt need to be strong....id go that route.

well.. if ur asking what material to use.... it depends..

are u going to put a box back in there? any system or anything? if not... u can go as weak as cardboard.. all the way up to MDF wood...

if u want to get something as strong as the "stock" cover, ur looking at something like 3/4 inch plywood.. that will hold anything..

that wood will prolly hold anything, whether u got that center support or not..

fiberglass will work too.. it will look neat.. but its more expensive and harder to work with..

its all a matter of what ur going to put in the trunk next? are u tring to go back to stock? are u just trying to make it look good to sell it? if so.. use that compressed wood.. that'll work..

Members online

No members online now.
Back