LS Tranmission problem

BennyCrac

LVC Member
Reaction score
2006 Lincoln LS V8 98k miles. I replaced my transmission solenoid pack, valve body, filter and fluid a few months back because i was having some hard shifts and stuff like that. Everything i replaced were OEM except the solenoid pack. shifted a lot better afterwards. although not perfect. It mainly fixed the harsh engagement in reverse. recently it’s been shifting a little stiffer especially when the weather is cold and the car is cold. when i brake to where i’m slow enough that the car downshifts into first, then i let off the brake and try to accelerate the engine revs and then the car jerks a short while after. almost as if it wasn’t engaged in any gear. along with that the trans slips every once in awhile when cruising around 50mph. harsh engagement when i put it in drive etc. thoughts.

Find a well respected tranny shop, Independent ones in business a long time for a experienced opinion of what is making your tranny shift and slip . Did you have a shop replace the tranny parts or diy it. You could go back to the shop provided you paid to have it done. Or find a good mom and pop tranny shop . I once had a Pontiac that I put Lucas tranny thickner to improve the psi of the tanny.It did work for many months until I had to pay for another tranny done by a retired tranny mechanic. About 1000 tranny and labor from a mechanic friend. Check the tranny fluid if its brown and smells burnt. Can be sign of internal worn parts.

Everything i replaced were OEM except the solenoid pack.

Why??? Per chance did you buy a "rebuilt" solenoid pack from Ebay?

New OEM solenoid packs are still available the last time I checked. Yeah... they cost more but there's a reason for that.

When was the last time the transmission drive bands were adjusted.

Not all tranny "quirks" are transmission related. Joe has mentioned that a few times on here.

Why??? Per chance did you buy a "rebuilt" solenoid pack from Ebay?

New OEM solenoid packs are still available the last time I checked. Yeah... they cost more but there's a reason for that.
Agreed, I just purchased a new solenoid from Ford Parts Giant. It was $250ish + $200 core charge.

Members online

Back