LS suspension design: show me/explain why it is great

if your truck handles better than your LS, then it sounds like your LS is due for its suspension overhaul.

I've driven quite a few trucks out there, not even an SRT10 handles as well as an LS...

I love my LS...but my truck easily out handles it..lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODyERaxlny4&index=2&list=PLsuwbGsq3WkIkGw9dcev4eCDkUeOlyRJb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URkFBkAnes4&index=6&list=PLsuwbGsq3WkIkGw9dcev4eCDkUeOlyRJb

I love how the LS handles but It did develop and uncertainy in the rear for while...turned out my alignment was screwed up in the back. Perhaps have yours checked Telco?

The tires are wearing even, but I do know I have a bad tie rod in the back. Have a set ready to go on if I can ever find the time. I'm hoping that the new links, which aren't supposed to have the passive rear steering, will make the car feel more stable in the corners.

Incidentally, cleaning the sensors didn't solve anything. Guess I'm going to have to have the dealer pull the codes for me.

I'm hoping that the new links, which aren't supposed to have the passive rear steering, will make the car feel more stable in the corners.

that should tighten it up quite a bit, its actually kinda crazy how much the wheel will move front to back when those tie rods/adjustable links wear out. the outer bushing will allow a good amount of movement when they start to fail, but when that collapsible center part goes, it gets down right scary above 50mph.

Mine is on my lift right now to replace the front shocks and I noticed I have a tiny bit of wiggle in the rear right. I think it was coming from the tire rod...Guess I have a new thing to order.

The tires are wearing even, but I do know I have a bad tie rod in the back. Have a set ready to go on if I can ever find the time. I'm hoping that the new links, which aren't supposed to have the passive rear steering, will make the car feel more stable in the corners.

Incidentally, cleaning the sensors didn't solve anything. Guess I'm going to have to have the dealer pull the codes for me.
I'll have to appologize to Telco and BigRig about the Deeza parts. I'd just hate to hear about something happening due to not having that flexible bushing back there. I would suggest getting to know the car again before pushing it and adjusting the toe angles a bit to compensate a bit for not having that rotation. A little fatter rubber back there might help too. I have a lot of experience with messing with the front toe settings but not much on the rear of a rwd car. I know increasing toe-in in the rear will make it more stable but I'm not sure what happens under power.

Members online

No members online now.
Back