LS surgery scheduled

Jrt1418

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
On Oct. 2, I am dropping off the LS to get the rear bumper repainted (it was rear-ended a while ago). Then, I am taking it straight to the Ford dealer to have the solenoid assy. replaced. I already have the new part. I paid about $350 shipped from FordPartsGiant.com. What should I expect to pay for labor? I know it will vary by location but was just curious what people have paid to have a dealer replace it. Also, I finally got angel eyes and will be installing them while the car is tied up:D

When you do your front plate delete mod what do you plan to do? Ride around illegally or going to put it up on your dash or something?

When you do your front plate delete mod what do you plan to do? Ride around illegally or going to put it up on your dash or something?

Here in The People's Republik the plate must be affixed to the front, the dash isn't acceptable. That said, I have been running without a front plate for over 10 years without a problem. Well, I did get a fix-it-ticket in Nebraska, but that's a whole other story.

He's going to buy one of my custom license plate brackets of course...hint, hint, plug

I on the other hand am selling my OWN custom License plate bracket... MINE come in a variety of colors too

bread-tie-twists.jpg

I already bought a remote retractable plate bracket from Jegs about a year ago. I probably need a new front bumper because whenever the plate was originally installed, they messed the bumper up pretty bad.

I just used 2 90 degree elbow brackets from the hardware store to mount my front plate. I think total cost was around $1.

Here in The People's Republik the plate must be affixed to the front, the dash isn't acceptable. That said, I have been running without a front plate for over 10 years without a problem. .

In Ontario Canada, i find the cops have eagle eyes for anything. Plates, over due stickers, even if you scratch your crotch - They know! Its like, they're so board that they start playing "i spy my little eye" and finish with "on something without front plates" =O
BAM! heres your ticket sir! enjoy your day!

G-Rell do they come in mixed colors as well? :)

Put my LS in the shop for a complete makeover (to original estate green).

Been over 2 weeks now, front bumper cover coming in tomorrow and will deliver it to the shop.

Going through withdrawls (shakes and foaming at the mouth) soon to be withdrawls from the bank.

Getting tired of driving my wife's GMC Envoy... Just not the same :p

The car is currently at the shop. I got a 2012 focus rental car. lol. I am currently installing the angel eyes:D. A lot of work but well worth it. Plus, I got the '02 LSE side skirts today!

Members online

No members online now.
Back