LS sunroof front drain tube exit location?

trk pny

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have 2004 LS with sunroof. Sunroof is leaking into front floor board and A pillars. Already took headliner down and tubes are connected. Ran a flex wire down the front tubes and made it all the way down to about where A pillar meets the hood but then flex wire stops. Tried the air compressor idea, to blow out but no luck. I think I need to get to the very end drain exit and clean it out but can't seem to find where the tubes drain?? Found the rear ones in trunk and they are good. Thanks for the help

type this into Google:

Code:
"drain tube" site:http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/
"drain tubes" site:http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/

* take note of the search syntax used for future use,
instead of starting more new threads on topic that have been covered hundred times over.

attachment.gif

Hello. I have 2004 LS with sunroof. Sunroof is leaking into front floor board and A pillars. Already took headliner down and tubes are connected. Ran a flex wire down the front tubes and made it all the way down to about where A pillar meets the hood but then flex wire stops. Tried the air compressor idea, to blow out but no luck. I think I need to get to the very end drain exit and clean it out but can't seem to find where the tubes drain?? Found the rear ones in trunk and they are good. Thanks for the help

I had this problem not too long ago. What I did was get one of those siphons with the two hoses and the squish ball in the middle. I disconnected the longer hose and shoved it down the tube as far as it would go. I then spit water down the tube a few times followed by the air compressor. Just make sure you get some new clamps and put them on by the sunroof so they don't fall off.

Thanks for the replies and don't mean to bring up another post on something that has been covered an hundred times but I still need help from anyone who knows,
where are the "exit" locations for the front drain tubes?

I have read many other post about the drains and sunroof and feel that I have done all the listed things to try and clear the lines. As mentioned before my lines are secure and connected at sunroof. I removed headliner. I did try and use air compressor , on the lines, to blow out, but it did not work. Used "weed eater" line to try and fish down the tubes but it stops about 4 feet down. Water is still in the lines and it does not drain out. Thanks

I wasn't able to find the ends of the tube. I think they're between the pinch welds on the bottom of the car on the rocker panels. Are you sure it's not leaking from where it is attached to the sunroof? Mine was leaking from that port even though it was still attached.

Tubes are connected to sunroof drain nipples. Even did the zip tie thing to make sure they are secure and tightly connected. Poured some water into the "pan" area around the sunroof and it just sits there. Does not drain out front tubes or make any type of drip spot by the front wheels. Rear tubes drain just fine and was able to find there exit port in the trunk behind the trunk liner. ran my compressor up to 60psi and tried blowing out but did not work. Fishing the weedeater line down the front tubes goes pretty smooth until hitting something about 3 to 4ft down. Marked the weedeater line stop point and then used it to rough measure down the "A" pilar. Got to about where the pilar meets the door and hood area. Took out the fender liner on drivers side but did not see or find any sign of the tubes or where they exit. Was hoping to find something similar to the rubber gromets, like the rear ones have.

uploadfromtaptalk1449025694025.jpg

The liner is too far off from the drain. It attaches in the area of the lower door hinges. View picture.

uploadfromtaptalk1449025694025.jpg

reading this moon roof thread after the other....

And then you took a screenshot of the post in which you took a screenshot? Sure, it has all the info and sure, no one's going to get upset over this, but I'm just baffled now

Members online

No members online now.
Back