LS stuff in Gulfport MS

Good Choice! I see more and more of the Genesis on the roads ...they're certainly a head turner
Thanks,
upload_2021-4-25_19-11-42.png

upload_2021-4-25_19-12-14.png

Wow, neat garage Joe. Don't have to back out, just push a button and rotate the car. Please don't leave this site even if you don't have a LS. You have too much knowledge to disappear.

Wow, neat garage Joe. Don't have to back out, just push a button and rotate the car. Please don't leave this site even if you don't have a LS. You have too much knowledge to disappear.

That's not my garage, but a good place to take pictures.
\/ My garage \/
upload_2021-4-28_20-37-44.jpeg

You are the most knowledgeable LS guy we have ever had. Sorry to see you go and the amount of messages posted to the forum will drop immensely!

I had one on my 2004 for about a year before I traded it (due to AC expansion valve failure). I had no problems with it. I think it was going to last at least a few years, but I don't know that for a fact personally. I think it may have been a little thinner than the Motorcraft one, but not much. It does not have the hoses.

Here's the listing for it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EIUMWL2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I purchased it in December of 2019, expected that I would soon need it for my 2006. I traded the 2006 early this year due to finding a good deal on its replacement.

I'll sell it for $30 plus UPS ground shipping to your address.

Sorry been working alot last couple of weeks but I went ahead and ordered the oem degas bottle. Thank you for responding and I really appreciate all the help. I did put new bottle in yesterday And I flushed the entire coolant system about 6-7 times. went thru almost 30 gallons of distilled water trying to flush. Got it to run pretty clear with just water but I still seem to have an oily substance that’s building in my new degas already just after the first fill. You can see the oily rainbow on the top layer of coolant when I drain it. From what I’m reading the only way that is possible would be head gasket or intake gasket but my car runs great. I’m starting to wonder about the oil cooler I didn’t have that on my first gen and wondering if oil could be getting into my coolant system thru there? If that’s even possible. If so should I replace the whole unit or is there a gasket or seal to replace. Also no matter how I drain the coolant I only seem to get about a gallon or gallon and a half to come out and go back in. Car is sitting level or with rear slightly raised and that’s just all that comes out. I know I should have almost 3 gallons in there so I’m wondering where the rest is sitting or hiding. I even drained hot (not recommended I know because of the dangers but I wanted to see if I had more come out while the thermostat was still open but same amount both ways). Thanks for everything and so sad to see you not driving the Ls anymore.

...From what I’m reading the only way that is possible would be head gasket or intake gasket but my car runs great. ...

There's no way it would be an intake gasket. The intake does not have any oil or coolant running through it. The intake gaskets only seal air.
It could be a head gasket (more accurately, it really would be a warped head or block, not so much a gasket failure), but that is really rare on the V8. Someone would have to ignore a lot of overheating for it to get to that point.

...I’m starting to wonder about the oil cooler I didn’t have that on my first gen and wondering if oil could be getting into my coolant system thru there? If that’s even possible. If so should I replace the whole unit or is there a gasket or seal to replace. ...

Yes, it could be the oil-to-water cooler. A few of those have failed and spread oil into the coolant. No, it would not be any gasket. It would have to be internal failure of the cooler. The only reasonable solutions are to replace it, or to remove it and put the non-cooler oil filter adapter screw in.

...Also no matter how I drain the coolant I only seem to get about a gallon or gallon and a half to come out and go back in. Car is sitting level or with rear slightly raised and that’s just all that comes out. I know I should have almost 3 gallons in there so I’m wondering where the rest is sitting or hiding. ...

I'm afraid that's pretty normal. The rest is hiding in the engine block. You might be able to suck more out with a shop vac, but you might have to remove the water pump to do that.

There's no way it would be an intake gasket. The intake does not have any oil or coolant running through it. The intake gaskets only seal air.
It could be a head gasket (more accurately, it really would be a warped head or block, not so much a gasket failure), but that is really rare on the V8. Someone would have to ignore a lot of overheating for it to get to that point.

Yes, it could be the oil-to-water cooler. A few of those have failed and spread oil into the coolant. No, it would not be any gasket. It would have to be internal failure of the cooler. The only reasonable solutions are to replace it, or to remove it and put the non-cooler oil filter adapter screw in.

I'm afraid that's pretty normal. The rest is hiding in the engine block. You might be able to suck more out with a shop vac, but you might have to remove the water pump to do that.

Great thank you so much. I think I’ll look at the oil cooler first. I’ve notice someone mention replacing just the oring is that’s something that is possible? Is that more than likely where the fault in the part is?I have also read that the gasket is hard to come by possibly and was just wondering if it’s best to source a new gasket and part and replace the whole thing. And is this a motorcraft only part or is a aftermarket okay for replacement. I do see a dorman but I know how that usually goes.

There is no seal between the oil and the water. Cut one apart and you'll see what I mean. The o-ring and the gasket are both there to keep the oil from leaking onto the ground, not into the water. Note that you can disconnect the two coolant hoses from the cooler and use a coupler to connect them together. That way you can verify if the cooler is the problem. If it is, oil will eventually leak from one of the vacant hose connectors.

I think that if you order the part from Jaguar, it comes with the gasket/o-ring.

I have no idea if Dorman goofed this part up like almost all the others or not.

LOL!!! Is it large enough for an LVC "get together" /meet?

Seriously though. With you gone there will be a large "knowledge gap" on the electronics side of the LS.

Seems we had a similar conversation about a year ago.

Building an ARK yet Joe?

Actually, stuck trying to rebuild my shed roof (roof is completely off at this point). There are competing priorities (that I don't get to set). Raised garden, fix up 2nd house, move my daughter and her boyfriend into 2nd house (son is already there), ...

Meanwhile, every time I get the pool balanced, the rain overflows it and I have to test and go at it again.

I still have the headlights, motor mount, lower hose, degas bottle, and a few things. Act soon, and I'll throw in a GE Profile Artica side-by-side refrigerator (working, but having trouble holding temperature). Also for free, six person hot tub (working as far as we know), but it is in Mobile, Alabama.

Is anyone here interested in a trip down (or up?) to Gulfport, MS to get any or all of the items below? They are taking up space that I could better use.

Factory AC compressor - well used and needs scroll control valve seal.

Left and Right gen II halogen headlights. All bulbs good and the lenses are clear (professionally refinished) but the clear coat UV protection is bubbling/peeling.

gen II driver's side mirror. This is from a junkyard, so I don't know if everything works or not.

gen II floor console cup holder section. It's is rough shape, but it has a working parking brake switch.

6W4Z-6038-BA motor mount, new in unopened box.

Rear brake caliper bracket and some hardware, used

3W4T-2C496-AC electronic module for gen II parking brake, from junkyard, so I don't know if it works.

gen II message center buttons, used.

A couple of gen II memory mirror motor assemblies, untested.

Uncut, unprogrammed gen II all-in-one key and fob

two 3W4Z-9E498-BA EGR vacuum connector tube assemblies, one used and one new in sealed original package

Well used gen II water pump - working with no signs of corrosion or plastic problems.

New in box URO degas bottle (Jaguar part, fits LS with no issues)

New Motorcraft fuel filter

New in sealed package 2W9Z-8507-CA gen II water pump gasket

3W4T-15T850-AF rear park assist electronic module, from junkyard so don't know if it works

3W4T-15K859-BA rear park assist radar module, from junkyard so don't know if it works

5W4T-18C808-AB sub amp, working

Some seat belt buckles

Passenger side mirror glass

Power port

Cigarette lighter

Two new in sealed packages throttle body to throttle body adapter gaskets

Motorcraft BRCK-5060-A caliper kit, new sealed packages

StopTech 950.61503 SS Brake Line Kit for LS - new and in package

three assorted door handle cables

Cruise control buttons, working
Steering wheel radio buttons, working

Side defrost vent
Brake pedal cover

Idler and tensioner pulleys, used but working

New lower radiator hose (V8 with oil cooler)

2004 LS factory shop manuals.

Complete front gen II shock and spring assembly, well used (spring good, shock worn)
Front gen II spring and plastic seat, used but good.

And, some small assorted stuff.

I can take and post pictures if anyone is seriously interested. Price: Make an offer...
Any chance the *two 3W4Z-9E498-BA EGR vacuum connector tube assemblies, one used and one new in sealed original package* are available or possibly anything else on your list of LS goodies? Wish you the very Best. Your service to the LS community has been an honor.

Any chance the *two 3W4Z-9E498-BA EGR vacuum connector tube assemblies, one used and one new in sealed original package* are available or possibly anything else on your list of LS goodies? Wish you the very Best. Your service to the LS community has been an honor.
I threw almost everything out, as there were no takers. I do find something I missed every now and them, and dispose of that too. The last victim was a hood struct. Anyway, I'll check on the vacuum tubes. They may have been small enough that I kept them in the parts bin.

Yes, would most definitely be interested in the vacuum tubes and possibly other items you might still have. BTW was that it an EGR Control Valve body that the Vacuum Tube Connector assy connected to? As I recall that EGR Control Valve had a failure mode about once every 100k. Thanks Joegr...

Last edited:

Members online

Back