Ls shutting down?

marco93L

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
02 Ls v8
I was driving the car down the highway and things started to shut down first radio interior lights get dim, lights shut off to nothing. Anyway after walking 2 miles and to find out the shop was closed then a $45 can ride and a$100 battery the car started again and I drive it home. Only to see everything starting over again when I was pulling in the neightborhood.

I check the diagnostics that are on the car and it said the charging system is ok.

This is the reason that I bought the new battery but it didn't help out very long

can the car still thing that the charging system is ok but the alternator is bad?

Thanks for the help!!

Mine did the same thing when my alternator went out. Change it out and you should be fine. Good Luck!!

if your battery died, and then a new battery died, then either you are using a abnormally high amount of power and the alt cant keep up, or more likely the alt is failing

Thanks. I figured it had to be the alt but it was confusing me why the status button for the diagnostics on the car didn't read it and was telling me it was ok. I am getting an alt today and we will see what happens

Thanks. I figured it had to be the alt but it was confusing me why the status button for the diagnostics on the car didn't read it and was telling me it was ok. I am getting an alt today and we will see what happens

That diagnostic check only verifies that some parts of the alternator are working, not that all parts are.

i'm surprised that when doing the systems check, that everything wasn't going crazy, one of the first signs that your battery is dieing is that all of the electrical systems start to malfunction IE: check advance track, check parking brake... i would have figured that the battery being drained from not an alt failure would not have similar results

Members online

Back