LS Shaking Like A Saltshaker.

TarzansLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Whoa.....this is strange. I revs up to 3000RPM in Neutral
and starts ((SHAKING)). Can anyone tell me wats this problem

starts shaking at 3000RPMs or before?

If it starts at 3000... that's the rev limiter. Why are you punching the gas in neutral anyway?

Ok, I just took a look at the wording in the first post again. I thought the OP meant to say that the car revved up to 3,000 and started shaking by itself. Not that he actually tried to rev the car past 3000 rpms and it started shaking. If the car is revving to 3,000 and shaking all by itself then look for codes. If it is intentionally revved then it is just the neutral rev limiter like everyone else has been saying here.

thats the rev limiter, you can remove it with an Xcal2 or 3 flash tuner. its not a mechanical issue if thats what your worried about, its put on by the factory.

He meant XCal 2 or XCal 3 flash tuner, there is also the SCT Livewire. They reflash the car's computer to a different tune for performance or mpg reasons, and you can also take off the rev limiter.

Tarzan, just stick around on the forums and read up a bit. If you have any questions on something you read up on then do a search. All these questions you posed have been asked many many times before by other new guys. A search can uncover allot of valuable information here.

damn man, you're thick... and I'm talking about your skull... nothing else.

use the search fuction

i just wanna know why he's reving past 3k in park or neutral, say it with me "neutral drops are bad mmmmmkay"

Well actually that shaking is a optional feature you get on your LS which is used for after you get a car wash that shaking will shake off the excess water beads that are left on your LS...You might have to shake it for like 30 minutes or so for it to be fully dry...J/K......

Tarzan, just stick around on the forums and read up a bit. If you have any questions on something you read up on then do a search. All these questions you posed have been asked many many times before by other new guys. A search can uncover allot of valuable information here.

Yeah. What he said! :D

I rev mine in neutral all the time just to make people look and say "double-you tee eff"?
It scares deer pretty good too. Around here they're used to the sound of the horn so it doesn't work anymore.

Members online

No members online now.
Back