LS resale value

This is why broke college kids like me can seriously look at the LS's when looking to buy a 3-5 year old car.

Me and MNAZ were/are thinking the same thing!!!! Got me one!!! $16,500 totally loaded with extrememly low miles!!!

Well, owning a car isn't the same as owning a house. You don't buy a car to gain value into it unless it's some collectors item. The LS's resale value is affected by demand and how Lincoln perceives it. You can't offer a brand new car and then discount it by $8,000 as soon as it comes out. It cheapens the car. When was the last time you saw BMW offering $8,000 rebates and incentives on the 5-series? Never! Also, ask yourself when was the last time you saw a Lincoln LS commercial. If the customers don't know about it how the hell are they gonna know it exists?

I will never buy an American made vehicle new again. My wifes Altima has only lost 4K dollars and that is based on delaer trade in and the car is 2 years old. That isnt bad especially when you compare it to the LS.

Her car has everthing mine has with the exception of it being FWD. It is Lincoln that is scuttling the good ship Resale Value. They have over discounted this car becasue they do not advertise it great scott who is at the helm up there.

Lay off the licquor, drink some coffee and call general quaters before you loose the best ship in the fleet!

eL eS said:
Lay off the licquor, drink some coffee and call general quaters before you loose the best ship in the fleet!

Amen brother! :Bang

This is the same thing that GM did with the F-body (camaro,firebird). I think in 20 years I saw one commercial. I think right now Lincoln knows the money is in rebadged fords/mazdas and not in any line specific vehicle. Too bad for us... :Bang

eL eS said:
I will never buy an American made vehicle new again. My wifes Altima has only lost 4K dollars and that is based on delaer trade in and the car is 2 years old. That isnt bad especially when you compare it to the LS.

Her car has everthing mine has with the exception of it being FWD. It is Lincoln that is scuttling the good ship Resale Value. They have over discounted this car becasue they do not advertise it great scott who is at the helm up there.

:I Spoken like a true pirate.

I just went to the Lincoln dealer to pick up some plastic clips that were broken and replaced with the wrong ones when my valve cover gaskets were replaced. The guy ordered the wrong number of each, and wouldn't correct it without me paying more for the correct order. Needless to say I left very pissed.

FLM needs to make a car without problems that develop after the warratny expires, a car that holds it value better, not design a fwd LS, and hire competent parts people.

At least I was humored leaving the dealership when a really old guy in an STS started reving his engine next to me at the first light out of the dealership.

man speaking of STS my Grand Mothers brother just bought a new STS and HATES IT! This guy has happily owned Caddis for over 30 years and says he can't find one good thing to say about the car.

Lucas05 3 said:
Did you smoke him?

Barely, it was a new V6 and it was fast. I got him off the line because his reaction time was so slow, as is most old people's. After about 90 mph he let up a little and I just kept going.

Members online

No members online now.
Back