LS Replacement

AnderbrA

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well,

after a month of searching and shopping, I found what I believe is a worthy replacement for my LS that got totalled in April.

2007 Cadillac STS V8
24000 Miles
RWD
4.6 L Northstar
Navigation
Heated front and rear seats.

Its not quite as light and nimble as the LS but has more cool gadgets and I think is equally fun to drive.

Here are a few pics. They are from the dealership, I will get some of my own up once I get some taken.

If pictures do not show up, here is a link.
http://www.anderbrainnovations.com/Cadillac/2007CadillacSTS.htm

CaddyVern1.jpg

CaddyVern2.jpg

CaddyVern3.jpg

CaddyVern4.jpg

~Bryce

I have my K&N Cone that I kept from the LS, but thats about it. Its surprisingly quiet. The filter should give it a little more growl.

It also did not come standard with the Xenon headlights, so I am going to retro the kit that I had in the LS, but have to get 2 bulbs since one was crushed in the accident.

looks great man. hows the gas on this one?

Pretty much the same as the Lincoln.

17 city 24 highway

The AWD version drops about 4 mpg from what I hear. Weight balance is almost a perfect 50:50. Its like a 3 lb difference.

i cant decide how i feel about this generation of the sts. i like the interior and from certain angles i do like the exterior. and of course making them rwd was a huge improvement.

i loved the el dorado's and sevilles of the late 90s/early 00s, but hated that they were fwd.

good luck with the new car.

I'd rock one if it was a V.

Id rock one too if I had 50 grand to drop.

The Northstar on its own puts out 320 HP. She gets up and goes. Especially fun on those wet roads with traction and stability control turned off. Kicks out much easier than the LS did with just a tap on the gas.

BTW. I still have the spare parts from the LS laying around. $50 for the center console and $10 + shipping for anything else.

Trunk Net
Center Console - Light Gray Leather
MAF Sensor and Housing
Brake Petal Rubber Cover.
Rear dash cover for the bottom in the trunk.

~Bryce

IMAGE_00012.jpg

E55... used for a little more you're gonna have 500 HP and much better everything. I'm looking at used ones for about 30-35k.

If you're gonna go, go big!

E55... used for a little more you're gonna have 500 HP and much better everything. I'm looking at used ones for about 30-35k.

If you're gonna go, go big!

I test drove an 04 E500 and an S430 prior to getting the STS. Loved the S class, but hard to find one with a decent price and miles, and the E class was too small. My fiance's Galant has more room in it.

The E55 would be nice, so would the C55, but as fast as they were, I'd rather go for leg room and comfort.

Id rock one too if I had 50 grand to drop.

The Northstar on its own puts out 320 HP. She gets up and goes. Especially fun on those wet roads with traction and stability control turned off. Kicks out much easier than the LS did with just a tap on the gas.

BTW. I still have the spare parts from the LS laying around. $50 for the center console and $10 + shipping for anything else.

Trunk Net
Center Console - Light Gray Leather
MAF Sensor and Housing
Brake Petal Rubber Cover.
Rear dash cover for the bottom in the trunk.

~Bryce

where does the piece highest on the pik go? when i bought my car it had nothing in the trunk and i can't place it

Yep. It's the molded carpet for inside the trunk under the rear shelf. My LS didn't come with it either. I'd assume shipping on that might be higher just because of the size.

ok thank you. i thought it was the part closest to the trunk opening where the latch is. i need that part

Members online

No members online now.
Back