LS owner now

burning.empire

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
:D :D :D :D

I just bought a '01 LS last week, and so far I'm loving it. I already put about 200 miles on it. I don't know exactly what sub model it is, but it has a V8, sunroof, autostick, heated seats, message center, and all the bells and whistles it normally comes with. Has basically everything but Navi

The car has been through hell in its 10 years of existence.

-Limo until end of '04
-totaled in '05 (rear ended)
-rebuilt and sold at auction to another limo company same year
-limo company sold it at auction to a private buyer in '09
-buyer sold it to a small dealer '11
-dealer sold it to me last week with rebuilt title

After all that, and 167K miles the car is in great shape. It has its fair share of small flaws here and there that I am slowly taking care of. But overall you would never think by the way it looks and drives that it has been through the mess it has been through.

youll definitely be seeing me posting for information and advice on a regular basis.

How much did you pay..
if it were me.. I would of never bought it.. 167k miles on the Gen 1 LS.. Ha.. Good luck..
Im selling my Lincoln LS As we speak.. it only has 129k... never wrecked.. Engines in the LS's.. no matter Gen 1 or Gen 2 v8 or v6 were trash.. thats why they didnt sell many and they discontinued it.. And noone knows much about the 3.9L 's or 3.0

Do me a favor and don't listen to the guy above my post. Not every one is that negative towards the cars lol. Get some pictures up of it!

As long as you love it then that's all that matters but I also wouldn't have paid for a 01 with those miles & everything it's gone threw. Post some pics & show us your toy.

Its a luxury sedan not a Honda. No offense to any Honda owners its just the point of it. Buy an (once) expensive car and expect to pay for it.

no matter Gen 1 or Gen 2 v8 or v6 were trash.. thats why they didnt sell many and they discontinued it.. And noone knows much about the 3.9L 's or 3.0

And your authority on this is......... What? Your personal experience? Ever talk to a Lincoln "suit"?

The misinformation on the web is unbelievable!

I know, I know..... Don't feed the troll.

I'm still very curious to see what this "once limoed" LS looks like. I never really thought about it but is that common? Is it practical to "de-limo" a car and sell it?

Its a luxury sedan not a Honda. No offense to any Honda owners its just the point of it. Buy an (once) expensive car and expect to pay for it.

I have a Honda as a toy, but none taken. But I can validate what you are saying. I rebuilt most of my suspension, put a full exhaust, intake, tune, and a rear bumper on the car for less than $600. That same amount of money might get me a bumper on the LS. Long story short if you drive a premium car expect to pay a premium price to maintain and fix it.

Can someone tell me why I made a big post to a new thread and it never showed up? Does it have to be cleared or something?

Ill put up some pics when I customize it a bit. Thank god for ebay. Once the car was "totaled" by the insurance company you can get a salvage title, once you fix it up to DOT safety standards you get a rebuilt title.

I paid $4K for it.

The engine is running fine, and the interior needs some cosmetic touches, but after all is said and done if the car doesn't blow up in the next 5000 miles I'd say it was worth it. Plus I am babying it until all the bugs are worked out, I realize its an old man.

Yeah man. This place is here to help but thats to bad you did pay a lot of money for a rebuilt LS.

I'm from New Jersey, I'm used to paying tooooo much for things. But it was pretty much the lowest price LS I could find. The average price around here is $6K-$10K, but that is only for a LS that is slightly better.

What is important is that it drives well, and looks good doing it. It does.

although depending on what is re-built he may have a close to new car, I mean your car can have 600,000 miles but if all the critical parts are new then it doesn't matter.

I actually worked with a kid who had is grandpa's 82 continental I think it was, with 719,000 miles on and the tranny was just starting to go out.

I'm from jersey too lol. East orange, newark area. Going off your location, you stay in my cousins area (who ill be visiting the wknd of 4th of july. ::cough cough Quick meet lol)

Members online

No members online now.
Back