LS license plate light removal...

toomanyfumes

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Any tricks to getting to the license plate light on a 2ND gen LS? One is burnt out and the screw just spins, won't get looser or tighter. Tried the other one and it does the same thing.

Pull it with a thin flat head as your turning it. It a fastener with a screw in it. Once you get the screw out, take the fastener out and the light slides to the inside and comes out, IIRC. I think you have to unplug it for it to come out though, you have to take the cover off from the inside of the trunk lid to reach it. If you're to replace the bulb, you should consider replacing both with a pair of LED bulbs. They look great

Thanks, I saw the L.E.D.'s you did and they look great. I might try them.

I did mine from underneath the trunk liner because the plastic screws on mine would just spin. You can probably do the same on a Gen 1. Just remove the carpeted liner and have at it.

I did mine from underneath the trunk liner because the plastic screws on mine would just spin. You can probably do the same on a Gen 1. Just remove the carpeted liner and have at it.

What he said.. remove or just peel back the carpet as far back as you need.

omg what a pain in the ass it was to put led lights in. the hardest part was getting the bulb to go back into the case ii couldnt get the f*cking thing to close

Members online

No members online now.
Back