LS in the shop! HELP!

lincolnx2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was driving home and noticed my fuel guage was below E, which is crazy because I just filled up 2 hours prior, so I stopped the car at a stop sign, put it in park and shut it off, after I started it back up, I could not shift out of park and my check engine light was on. I shut the car off again and repeated my last steps. nothing would budge. I cut my hazards on and they are blinking fast, my apply parking braking light is on, and my panel is lit light a christmas tree, I step out of the car to dissconnect my negative to try and reset the car, and my back lights are lit. it was in the middle of the day, so they should have been off. I get back in my car, and it doest crank now. I call the tow truck and we have to tear up my center console to manipulate the gear shifter out of park. I am lost, what could it be, I heard everything from fuse to some expensive electrical module. any help is appreciated.

I think the battery was good, my radio was on, I cant recall if interior lights were on, the hazards were blinking faster than normal.

Call an Exorcist.

My car did weird things too with a dying battery. Entered ETC Failsafe Mode, check transmission, check parking parking break, check charging system, abs, traction control every bloody thing was popping up here and there.

I pray that is all it is, the thing that gets me is the car would not let me shift out of park. it was crazy, people were asking do you want to push it out of the road, and look at me crazy when I woud say "it wont shift out of park"

Sounds like you lost communications to/from the REM, and then the FEM as well. (The FEM issue is what kept the transmission locked in park.)

I'd say you have a major bus fault somewhere.

Sounds like you lost communications to/from the REM, and then the FEM as well. (The FEM issue is what kept the transmission locked in park.)

I'd say you have a major bus fault somewhere.

probably taking the bus for a while too

The car is in the shop now, can it be reprogrammed? is it expensive

It's not a reprogramming issue. Either there is faulty wiring or a faulty electronics module that is killing the whole bus.

There was no need to disassemble the center console to get the shifter out of park. You could of shifted it out of park simply by turning the ignition key to the first position(accy.) w/ out even stepping on the brake pedal. The (FEM) only activates the shift lock when the ignition is in run w/ the brake pedal applied and will not prevent you from shifting out of park using the override listed above.

There was no need to disassemble the center console to get the shifter out of park. You could of shifted it out of park simply by turning the ignition key to the first position(accy.) w/ out even stepping on the brake pedal. The (FEM) only activates the shift lock when the ignition is in run w/ the brake pedal applied and will not prevent you from shifting out of park using the override listed above.

I haven't tried that trick on the LS, but it's worked on every other Ford/Lincoln/Mercury that I've tried it on. (Of course, that number is fairly small.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back