LS Idle Air control valve

lonestarlslover said:
Well ...... it's a little late for "NOT" unbolting every thing on the inside, but it was a good experance ..... lol ...... thanks for your help again :bash:

What are my options at this point ? The dealer, After market . wreaking yard ? :bash:

need to determine if the problem is - the valve, the wiring or the PCM.

That would indicate to me that the PCM is bad. That really surprises me. I have worked on a LOT of vehicles in my life. I have seen a total of two bad ECMs. Both Gm...and I killed one of them by not being properly grounded when I installed it. Just to be sure, do a close inspection of your pins and make sure you don't have one bent and laying over another. Since it hasn't been apart before, that won't be the case, but it doesn't hurt to be sure.

Now you can be glad that you removed everything from the interior. Remove the PCM from the car. You will need the calibration code on it. You have some choices here. The aftermarket may have one available to fit the car, a salvage yard may be able to match one up for you, or the best option...albiet the most expensive I'm sure...will be to go to Ford and get one. Take your old ECM with you and the serial # to your car. They will probably need that.

I wish I had better news for you, but I can't think of anything else it could possibly be. It looks like you have properly isolated the problem. The only hesitancy I have is the extremely rare situation in which a PCM fails. I would also be very interested in knowing WHY is failed. Since that may never really be known without doing a bunch of work, I think I would also order a new IAC while I'm at it...just in case that had something to do with it. It probably didn't, but they are fairly inexpensive (around $50 or so from a dealer who gives a decent price) and it would be good insurance. Besides, with the age of your car, it has probably built up some crud in it anyway and a new one wouldn't hurt. Let us know!!!

Not a problem....glad to help. It surprises me the ECM went bad, but you properly diagnosed the problem and that left no other option.

Members online

Back