LS hub swap

MaroonLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to do a Mustang Cobra or Thunder Bird hub swap to the LS that way you could have a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern?

A lot of people have pondered this idea but no one has tired it.. The most and practical way is using spacers but good luck finding a rim you like with an acceptable offset (spacer adds about 1 inch)..

The reason I was wondering is that I would like to but GT500 style wheels on my LS 10"rear and 9" fronts.

Best of luck with that. I don't think it's possible. Well, not budget friendly possible anyways.

I'm just trying to think of all the parts necessary for it to work. The control arms would have to line up. And the abs sensors would have to be compatible. are the brakes the same size? I've never done a hub swap, so don't know how intensive it may be.

I went to Oriely's today and did some compairing and he printed me off spec sheets on the front and rear hubs of a Thunderbird, LS, and a 03-04 Cobra and All hope is lost ABS sensors all wrong, bearing sizes all wrong...... Oh well.

I might take my hubs off and take them down to the local machine shop and have them drill out my hubs for a 5x 4.5 bolt pattern. I think there is enough room in between my LS studs to drill out and then knock my studs out of the 108 or 4.25 and put them in the 114.3 or 4.5, I think this would be my best bet no wheel spacers and no really expensive hub, abs, TC, swap.

tbirds arnt 5 x 4.5 anyway they are the same pattern as the ls, your only option would be re drilling

Yeah I figured that out when I got the specs on all three cars...bummer.... now does any one know if the mustang rotors are the same size as the LS?

I don't think the machine shop is going to redrill the front hubs for cheap. The problem is its a sealed hub with abs sensor in the back plastic housing. There is no fast way to hold these down to redrill.

Members online

Back