LS GURU in GA? Rebuild or sale...

Whatupcuzz84

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive had my LS since 09 and I haven't drove it in years...still cranks and drives but there is a noise, it runs a little warm, and im sure the tranny needs work. Ive grown very attached to the car but am wondering if i should just trade it in for something for the wife or rebuild.

ANY LS ENGINE AND OR TRANNY GURUs IN GEORGIA HERE??

RKGhqqQ.jpg

jMC1JQh.jpg

qEFS48k.jpg

2006 Lincoln Ls V8

the body is in great condition the driver seat is a little worn and the the passenger seat has a little slit in it...all from my prior military days.

Why/what do you think needs to be rebuilt? Odometer reading?

haven't looked but around 130,XXX

To answer your 1st question
just because I want my baby back like when i bought her...or at-least reliable.

I think that "rebuild" is probably the wrong term, as it tends to imply internal engine or transmission work. How about "refresh?" Did the clanking sound ever get resolved?

I think that "rebuild" is probably the wrong term, as it tends to imply internal engine or transmission work. How about "refresh?" Did the clanking sound ever get resolved?
Nope still does it. and i guess your right! btw i dont have much exp with mech. work

I dont know thats why i need to know a guru who can help me out with coming up with a price point.

I'm just trying to help you figure out if this is even viable. I'll assume that you haven't kept up with repairs and maintenance so far, or this post wouldn't have come up. Maybe not all of this will need to be done, but it probably should be.
For the moment, lets assume that somehow all the labor is free. (It won't be unless you do it yourself.)

Cooling system parts > Probably $1000 if no cooling system refresh was ever done.
If there is any misfiring, then $500 for COPs and plugs.
Best case for the transmission is $500 for solenoid assembly and fluid.
The clanking sound is a wildcard without diagnosis.
It's pretty certain that you need $1000+ in suspension parts by now as well.
The seat bottom cushion covers are at least $250 each to replace with vinyl. (The factory leather was $700+ when you could get it.) I'm not sure what the seat backs would cost, but it'll be more.

thank you. i can afford the work just wondering if i should do it or just trade it in. might be worth just buying another ls?

I'm just trying to help you figure out if this is even viable. I'll assume that you haven't kept up with repairs and maintenance so far, or this post wouldn't have come up. Maybe not all of this will need to be done, but it probably should be.
For the moment, lets assume that somehow all the labor is free. (It won't be unless you do it yourself.)

Cooling system parts > Probably $1000 if no cooling system refresh was ever done.
If there is any misfiring, then $500 for COPs and plugs.
Best case for the transmission is $500 for solenoid assembly and fluid.
The clanking sound is a wildcard without diagnosis.
It's pretty certain that you need $1000+ in suspension parts by now as well.
The seat bottom cushion covers are at least $250 each to replace with vinyl. (The factory leather was $700+ when you could get it.) I'm not sure what the seat backs would cost, but it'll be more.

Btw thanks for the responses!

thank you. i can afford the work just wondering if i should do it or just trade it in. might be worth just buying another ls?

I would expect that it is rare now that someone sells an LS that is in good shape.

... or sell RollinLS that front bumper cover.

Members online

Back