LS Front Coil Spring LOWER isolator IS available by itself--CHEAP

ptb123

New LVC Member
Reaction score
LS Front Coil Spring LOWER isolator IS available by itself--CHEAP.
Monroe Part #906991 available from Rock Auto online (c. $5) or any Monroe dealer. However, will work only 2000-2006 Lincoln LS. Will work for NO other applications--Ford, Lincoln, or Jag! Ridiculous! I just spent 1200 bucks for someone to fix my creaking and they did not replace this part because it does NOT come with Monroe 71344 Strut (c.$50 each on Amazon--I paid $121 each plus installation--What a markup!) ---or front strut mount kit (Monroe 904972, c.$35 each at Amazon vs the $65 I paid). This guy wanted to replace my brand new Energy Suspension Grease-able Sway Bar Bushings for another $300, when the problem seems to have been this Lower insulator all the time. All new parts in front end, including Jaguar ball joints ($40 ea) vs the whole knuckle. An old timer found the creaking by spraying grease on lower coil AFTER 1200 strut job! Said guy should have replaced isolator. I'm ordering my new insulators tomorrow and the old-timer will replace for $150. I DO NOT trust any angry service provider to re-do work. I will work to get at least the cost of the "re-do" back from this guy.

Cool find.. sucks you had to pay all that money for a $5 part.

Members online

Back