LS for sale. only 1,400 miles ! Wow

thats awesome.... but still a 9 year old LS....$20K is still a litttttle high. very cool though

^^^^ hun , that's 1, 400 miles! That's less than 200 miles a year ! I think you mean... even if its $ 20K.

^^^^ hun , that's 1, 400 miles! That's less than 200 miles a year ! I think you mean... even if its $ 20K.

I know, I know, But a car doesn't have to move to ware out. specially in Iowa (super cold winters, 90 degree summers), Bushings still ware out, gas sits. seals break down. Things easily replaced, but certianly not a perfect car..... call me crazy:D

That money is too much for an 8 year old car. In this case the years hurt and the mileage doesn't help. KBB says it's worth half that.

I know, I know, But a car doesn't have to move to ware out. specially in Iowa (super cold winters, 90 degree summers), Bushings still ware out, gas sits. seals break down. Things easily replaced, but certianly not a perfect car..... call me crazy:D
I'm not saying crazy. And I totally agree about the not having to move to go bad. But who knows. It might've been well maintained.

That money is too much for an 8 year old car. In this case the years hurt and the mileage doesn't help. KBB says it's worth half that.
++++100 . I agree that $20k is to much. Being a first gen my high offer would be $11.

Its a second gen.... but yes $11-15 a little closer... plenty of 06 with 30K for $15k

Crap! Your right. Meh.... that bumps my offer up to 12,5 that's about what I paid for my 06. But I wouldn't ever buy it to replace my 06. One might say, Ive grown accustomed to it's face. Lol.

Crap! Your right. Meh.... that bumps my offer up to 12,5 that's about what I paid for my 06. But I wouldn't ever buy it to replace my 06. One might say, Ive grown accustomed to it's face. Lol.

...it doesnt get much better :D

i feel bad for the LS, it deserves to be driven not garage kept for 8 years, and 20K definitely seems a little high for an 8 year old car

20k is too much but it's worth more than book value with that mileage.

20k is way to much. And it doesn't even have back up sensors. Who knows what else it's lacking. There was a 2006 in Boston area and only had 6200 miles and it was 19900. I'd pay that for an 06 but not an 03. But the 06 wasn't my desired color :/

The 03s had a lot of issues that were later resolved. I wonder if the very low miles 03 had all the updates done, like the VCGs.

Time is just as bad on many of the parts as miles. The plastics (like the degas bottle) may all still be cracking, and the seats may be in bad shape once someone starts using it.

In general, I'd take a 100K mile two year old car over a 1K mile eight or nine year old car any day.

Agree with everyone here. They won't get even close to what they are asking for it. Now, it someone were to get that for under 10k - then we'd be getting into the "sweet deal" category.

Where was I? If the body is in pristine condition and maintenance has been done and the tires seen black top once or twice a month I'd take it.

Where was I? If the body is in pristine condition and maintenance has been done and the tires seen black top once or twice a month I'd take it.

You would spend 20k on a 2003, light blue, non " fully loaded" ls...with a chance its a early model 2003.....

Even with only 1400 miles, it probably needs sway bar bushings, ball joints, and coils. haha

Even with only 1400 miles, it probably needs sway bar bushings, ball joints, and coils. haha

Possibly timing chain guides too. I would bet that the engine is pretty gunk'd up if they changed oil based on miles only. (A common mistake that many make.)

Where was I?
Welcome to LVC!
And a big welcome to you as well! :) I hope you both find all the info here very useful. At times even amusing!
Possibly timing chain guides too. I would bet that the engine is pretty gunk'd up if they changed oil based on miles only. (A common mistake that many make.)
Yup. You make a good point there. I drive my car way too much to worry about oil gunking up in there. So I've never thought of that.

my sweet deal

I had the chance and I bought in Feb. 2011- a 2004 LS in Arizona for 11k
Was the luxury V6 base with the safety and security package.
side curtin airbags and backup sensors. it had 640 miles !

I Dumped 1500 on tires and a fuel pump,LSE grill and blower motor controller.
It now has 11,500 miles.

Love the car. Only problem interior is Dove Grey- and both of the back of the seat cover-broke. I tried the fix on here and and didnt help cause the tabs on the botton broke off. So i need rear seat backs in grey if anyone has a set.

Members online

No members online now.
Back