LS coil question

paclockman

New LVC Member
Reaction score
If I replace the coils in an LS6 with Ford parts will they go bad somewhere down the road or has Ford fixed the coil problem and the new coils will last a reasonably long time ? Anything that a person can do to extend the life of the coil or are they just weak from the get-go?

If I replace the coils in an LS6 with Ford parts will they go bad somewhere down the road or has Ford fixed the coil problem and the new coils will last a reasonably long time ? Anything that a person can do to extend the life of the coil or are they just weak from the get-go?

Any maintenance item will eventually fail with time, however the Motorcraft ones will give you the best longevity.

I guess what I'm really asking is, "Have there been improvements in the coils you buy now over what was in the car when new?"

I guess what I'm really asking is, "Have there been improvements in the coils you buy now over what was in the car when new?"

There have been revisions, IIRC the original part was DG-515 and now it's DG-529. However, I can't comment on what was actually revised.

There have been revisions, IIRC the original part was DG-515 and now it's DG-529. However, I can't comment on what was actually revised.

I believe they were. Ford was getting too many warranty claims on the originals until they figured out what their supplier was producing.

-thinking out loud- I wonder if the Jag coils are the same or any better......

allegedly, the problem with original coil's epoxy breaking down was fixed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back