ls climate control problems

jamietatv

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have 2006 ls, I'm having problems with temp control, replaced dccv, still blows hot all the time, can't control where air comes out, mostly on floor. Also ac light will come on but does not engage clutch. The heated and cooled seats have never worked, can anyone help?

What are the results of the front panel diagnostic?
Did you check the DCCV/compressor fuse?

Not sure on diagnostic, is there another way other than status to check, and location of fuse?

Link to diagnostics:
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xc0003.htm~gen~ref.htm

The DATC module self-test through the front panel display:

can be initiated at any time. Normal operation of the system stops when the self-test is activated.
is entered by pressing the OFF and DEFROST buttons simultaneously and then pressing the AUTO button within 2 seconds. Record all DTCs displayed.
concludes by reporting all on-demand DTCs. Follow the diagnostics procedure given under ACTION in the DTC index for each DTC given.
reports individual on-demand DTCs as 4-digit DTCs (less the alpha character).
will calibrate all the mode doors and check all analog inputs. The DATC module will only report on-demand (hard) faults that occurred while the DATC module was conducting its self-test.
will light all control panel display segments if no faults are detected.
will report individual on-demand DTCs without the °C symbol lit.

To exit the self-test, press the DEFROST button. This will clear all on-demand codes from the DATC module memory. If no button is pushed, DTCs will continue to be displayed.

Upon exit from the self-test the DATC module returns to operational status. The DATC module executes a hard (cold boot) reset which places the DATC system in the OFF mode.

The fuse location is in your owner's manual and has also been posted in this forum.

I feel dumb, it was fuse, thank you, any ideas on seats, lights come on for a few seconds then shut off.

Crushed tube under the seat. Also covered here.....

Not to disagree, but on an 06 I think it may be more likely to be failed fan motors or disconnected ducts. Supposedly, they redesigned the ducts after 04 to reduce crushing.

Not to disagree, but on an 06 I think it may be more likely to be failed fan motors or disconnected ducts. Supposedly, they redesigned the ducts after 04 to reduce crushing.

I had a an issue with my passenger seat with what felt like a crushed duct. My F-I-L did something getting out (he was handicapped and getting in and out of the car wasn't easy) and the seat quit working. I reached under the seat and it felt like the duct was flattened. I squeezed the duct back into shape and it's been fine since. It did only happen once, though.....

Thanks for the info!

Highly appreciated, but I need help with my 04 Ls v6,it's not running right after I changed the plugs,my Ls shakes/ vibrates when at a stop

Highly appreciated, but I need help with my 04 Ls v6,it's not running right after I changed the plugs,my Ls shakes/ vibrates when at a stop

Are the connectors attached securely? Did you hear a click when you plugged the connectors back on? What coils did you use? Plugs? Does it hesitate under light throttle?

Members online

No members online now.
Back