*LS* Check Transmission Light Comes On

Lincoln LS

1. Justin S

Justin S LVC Member

New to threads but I wanted to try to post something out here to help. I have a 2002 lincoln ls with the 3.9 v8. The car was missing slightly for a while. One night on the highway it started slipping out of gear and the check transmission message came across the dash. I got it home and when idling completely normal, in park, the rpm gauge would jump erratically, took it to aamco they told me $2400 for a reman transmission... Well i dont have $2400... Long story short i changed the coils and plugs and its a new car.

2. Archangel

Archangel LVC Member

Whoa....
    Glad to hear it just needed a tune up.
    You know what Aamco stands for right?
    All automatics must come out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Justin S

Justin S LVC Member

Lmao. Thats pretty good. Yeah i couldnt believe it. Can i post videos here? I have a video of what it was doing. I never saw coils make the guages jump like that.

• Justin S

Justin S LVC Member

It was throwing crankshaft sensor codes and transmission codes misfire codes etc. I put in the new coils and plugs and the lights even shutnoff on their own.

• joegr

joegr Dedicated LVC Member

I thought it was just my son that referred to his tachometer as the "rpm gauge."

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Justin S

Justin S LVC Member

There's alot of dealios and doo dad's when you work on anything with me. I probably drive certified mechanics nuts.

• Like Like x 1