LS acting up after tune up

cableguynoe

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, about a month ago I took the LS in for a tune up before a road trip.(one of those speedy tune up places)
Almost right away I noticed some jerking (best way i can describe it) in the engine while driving.
Went on trip and for the most part it was ok, but i felt and still feel like it's lost some power. But i kept thinking maybe it was my imagination.
Now it's taking several second to turn on. Not every time, but i have to hold the ignition... and sometimes wont turn on until the second time.

Wasn't doing this before the tune up... so what could they possibly have done to cause these kind of problems?
I even paid for the "premium" spark plugs...so they said.

If i think they screwed something up... should i take it back to them? Or to the dealer to make sure they get it right?

Please help.

If they used the wrong heat range spark plugs that could cause detonation.
What all was chagned in the tune-up?

maybe unrelated to tuneup

Could be something else completely, have you changed the fuel filter? Maybe fuel pump on its way out? Bad injector? Who knows what? Maybe a bad plug or bad plug wire. Give more information about your car history and repairs.

They replaced the fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, and pcv valve.

The car has 190k miles... so I would expect certain problems. But the weird thing is I did the tune up to prevent this kinds thing... but instead it started giving me problem after the tune up that i hadn't had before.

They replaced the fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, and pcv valve.

The car has 190k miles... so I would expect certain problems. But the weird thing is I did the tune up to prevent this kinds thing... but instead it started giving me problem after the tune up that i hadn't had before.

They ripped you off. The V8 LS doesn't have a PCV valve.
The LS works best with the OEM plugs. Other plugs could lead to coil failure.

On my LS whoever put the last fuel filter in put it in wrong and used a no name brand.

Find out what kind of spark plugs they used, it might be best to take one of them out and check it.

It could be a bad plug. I had an insulator break on me once. It cause a miss with an uneven idle. It also cause jerking while accelerating.

Like tireman said it could plugs, or could be something else unrelated.

Members online

No members online now.
Back