Ls 3.0 v6 upper radiator hose

msgtusmc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Lincoln/Ford part number: YM4Z8B502AA lists for $301 but can be purchased for $231. If you only need the hose assembly because the small hose port broke you can get it cheaper: http://www.europartsdirect.com/searchitem.epc
Part number: XR827648 alot cheaper. $105.00. The OEM does not allow the replacement of either hose on the ends but this one does. The OEM part comes with 4 of the 5 hoses connected as well as the thermostat & housing, this one doesn't, just the center plastic manifold and the 2 end hoses. One hose connects to radiator the other to the thermostat housing. Don't know if this is a GEN 1 only part or not. Food for thought. MAX may have more info.
This hose assembly is listed as applicatable to 3.0L V6 Jag S-Type 2000 - 2002. So it may be only for Gen 1 V6.

2000 LS V6 Auto 87k miles, wife's toy

Last edited:
You are the man...... I just found one and for $55 and I was about to spend $189 on the dealership Thank a hole lot

I did this same thing last year. Never had time to post about it. Jag v6 aftermarket hose works great and is 4 times cheaper than Ford's oem one.

I repaired mine about 3 years ago and it's still holding. I ran a short section of steel line inside of it and then used a higher end 2 part epoxy one the outside where the the broken fitting pieces meet. Less than $10 figuring if it works, great, otherwise, I'd get a new one. No new one needed yet! :)

Members online

Back