Lowering Springs?

Yeah... I've heard of them... Some people like em' some people don't... The only advantage I see to them is that you will never have to worry about the air ride suspension... BUT you will be sacrificing the ride quality and the "floating" sensation of the air ride. Plus on top of that, if there is enough weight on the rear, the rear end will sag. Whereas with the air springs, it will pump itself to a constant level...

I replaced my rear air springs about a month ago, and have not had a single problem... If your "check air suspension" is coming on, you need to double check where the problem is... Most times, its leaking air springs, but it can include replacing the compressor if your existing one is fried...

I think the cost of doing the spring conversion and replacing the air springs is about the same, by bags cost $220.00 shipped out the door...

If you do the conversion, you will have to disengage the air ride module, because the "check air suspension" light will ALWAYS be on...

If you're taling about the dryer, it attaches to the air compressor and "dries" the air before going to the air springs to prevent moisture in the air lines...

My air suspension is fine. I was looking into it cause I want to lower my car without hydrolics or air bags, dont have the money for that. But thanks 92 Arizona Towncar for your help. I guess I will leave it how it is until I can afford the full air suspension setup.

Members online

No members online now.
Back