Lowering springs

The ls ss

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I would like to lower my ls. Here is the question, will a eibach pro kit fit the ls? Or are there different sized springs for different cars? Also, how much would it be lowered?

I would like to lower my ls. Here is the question, will a eibach pro kit fit the ls? Or are there different sized springs for different cars? Also, how much would it be lowered?

I had Eibach's on my 2006 LS. The only downside was excessive ball joint wear. Like every 50K miles or so.

Obviously they are different for different cars ( size,spring weight, amount lowered). There is only one part # for the eibach's. It just happened to be in eibach's pro series of springs.

It's going to become a serious issue. I have eibach lowering springs on my 02 and the lower control arms and ball joints will wear incredibly fast. The car isn't meant to be lowered the ball joints will create a huge gap when seated in the control arm and turn into a sloppy mess. Not worth it.

It's going to become a serious issue. I have eibach lowering springs on my 02 and the lower control arms and ball joints will wear incredibly fast. The car isn't meant to be lowered the ball joints will create a huge gap when seated in the control arm and turn into a sloppy mess. Not worth it.
Huh?. How so. The ball joint if installed correctly won't have any play, and 1 inch lower is within the normal suspension cycle.

I got my 01 3.9 v8 Lincoln ls in 2008. It was lowered just before it was sold to me. I cannot tell how many ball joints I've been through. Looks awesome but a lot of issues I've had would have been avoided if it wasn't lowered. I refuse to lift it but you should be warned.. speed bumps, raccoons, pot holes will cause nightmares. I once got hung up trying to get on the fairy cuz the tide was comin in..

wp_ss_20141008_0007.png

By lowereing the suspension you are taking the vehicle out of the factory designed "movement range". Thus the reason for premature ball joint and bushing wear. Lowering the vehicle will also affect how the car handles. It will be better in dry weather... but will tend to want to slide on wet or snowy roads.

The reason for that is... there is a certain amount of body roll designed into ALL vehicles, by the manufacturer. This is to help the vehicle stay on the road during turns, curve, or aggresive driving. The "factory ride" is designed to be the beast of all worlds. Most times... when you modify the suspension, you sacrifice one thing for another. Since you live in Minnisota... if this is your daily driver... I wouldn't recommend lowering your LS.

Members online

Back