lowering spring question

Silver LS8

LVC Member
Reaction score
would i loose my smooth gliding ride which i love so much about my car if i install any brand of spring .. which spring would be the best to get the drop look without loosing my ride

Silver LS8 said:
would i loose my smooth gliding ride which i love so much about my car if i install any brand of spring .. which spring would be the best to get the drop look without loosing my ride

Any lowering spring will stiffen up your ride. I have SpringTech springs on mine, with the European shocks. The ride is firm and taut. Not floaty at all. I have about an inch, to an inch and a quarter drop. The look is just what the LS needs, IMHO. The only way that I know of to achieve what it appears you want is to move your mounting points, which will keep your ride, and lower the body on the suspension. Moving those hard points would be extremely difficult, and I don't know of a kit to do so.

lowering experience 013.jpg

I just finished installing the Eibach springs. Suppose to lower it about an inch, which is just right imo. Just took it for a drive and it doesnt feel much stiffer than the stock springs, its actually nice smooth ride. I have the '04 V8 Sport addition so i dont know if my springs are stiffer then a standard V8 edition, anyone?

dc

ldc said:
I have the '04 V8 Sport addition so i dont know if my springs are stiffer then a standard V8 edition, anyone? dc
yes - there are three shock choices - regular, sport, euro (in order of stiffness).

Hmmm, cool maybe someone wants to buy my "sport" springs.... :woowoo2:

dc

sorry - my bad - the springs are all the same - but there are three shock choices - regular, sport, euro (in order of stiffness).

My windows sticker says V8 Sport SST Anyone know what the SST stands for?

Members online

Back