Lowering My STS!! How?

Bigjr200

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hay im new to the Cadillac scene. I just bought a 98 STS and I want to give it a lower stance. What are some ways I can do this either cheap or expensive im just looking for options. Thanks! :dj:

Bigjr200 said:
Hay im new to the Cadillac scene. I just bought a 98 STS and I want to give it a lower stance. What are some ways I can do this either cheap or expensive im just looking for options. Thanks!

I could be wrong, but the way to lower the Seville is by changing the springs.

HERE is a link to a lowering kit.

I'll second that one...

I'll second that one, spings is the way to go...
Plus on 98 you have no mag ride control to worry about.

Post some Pic,s when your done.

Bigjr200 said:
Hay im new to the Cadillac scene. I just bought a 98 STS and I want to give it a lower stance. What are some ways I can do this either cheap or expensive im just looking for options. Thanks! :dj:

I wanted to drop my '98 Seville too. But, how's it going to ride after you put them on?? And what about the leveling system??

Eibach makes a lowering kit for the '98 and up STS. I don't think it is that expensive but you will have to adjust the ride height sensor's. If you don't they will tend to try and compensate for the lower stance by usually filling the rear shocks with more air raising the rear of the car higher than normal. This can be easily done by simply moving the sensor up or down. This will then fool the car into thinking that it it sitting where it's supposed to be with the stock springs. I have seen a few people with this kit and they seem to be very happy with it. Good luck finding what you are looking for.

You basically have four options:

1) Clamp/chop current springs
2) Eibach springs or third party
3) Air bag suspension
4) Hydraulics

First is easiest, cheapest and fastest, but not very cool. Eibach's are the most economical solution, but if you have lots of money you will orgasm every time you enter your car with Hydraulics or an air bag suspension system.

If you do Lower it Let us know how it goes, and how it feels. some pic's would be nice.
Bigjr200 said:

You could lower the rear ride sensor too, now that I think about it. That only takes care of the back, I believe, however.

Bigjr200 said:

First, I don't have my car anymore, and second, sorry if I post a site thats not a sponsor and if there is a sponsor go buy from them.

Springs are it. Tirerack sells them, thats what I used to lower my 00 STS, but I actually had the 99 springs, which was a little different but ended up working out alright. But since the springs are for your year than it should be fine. And you struts/shocks should be okay since the drop isn't much. Also to get around the 4 auto level ride sensors you can bend the sensor arms that attach from the car to the lever on the sensor (rod with the cups on the ends) to a slight "S" shape.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/540000-540999/540608_26_full.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back