'Lower' Power Steering Pressure Switch - part 3N824 confusion

cygnus

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi All.

My 2000 LS V8 is leaking p/s fluid from what is described in the workshop manual as the 'power steering pressure switch.' I picked up the part from the dealer and it's not right. It turns out that there is a 'power steering pressure switch on the pump (1W4Z-3N824-DA), which is what the dealer gave me but, there is a lesser known switch/sensor on the high pressure line going into the rack easily accessible from under the car behind the front driver's side tire. The number on this item is XW43-3N824-AA and has a different electrical connection and threading. I've seen it referred to as a 'high pressure switch' associated with the high pressure line assembly on the FordParts site but but cannot find it in the drawings or online anywhere. I've found similar items like this for a Continental but not sure if it's compatible with the LS. Any insights? Any ideas?

Having same problem on 2003 Lincoln LS. Have to watch this thread to see if there is an awnswer. Thought it was comming from white silicone seal where the wires go in so I zip tied it. Needless to say that was not a solution and found it was coming from the seal around the switch. Found it on the metal line from the steering rack to the pump but I don't know what the part number is to order. Hope we figure things out. Im not sure it can be ordered buy itself but I have a feeling it will be a dealer only part. Best of luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back