Low washer fluid message

Dern Humpus

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Everytime I start the car I get a Low Washer fluid message, and then I hit reset to clear it. I have been adding fluid and filling it up but the message doesnt stop appearing on startup. What gives?

I have the same problem. I was told it was a sensor. Not too long after it wouldn't spray either.

The low fluid light is probably a sensor. I don't what kind is is, if it's a float type it could be stuck, but it may just be some electrical thing that has to be changed.It would be located somewhere in the bottom of the resevoir.As far as not spraying, turn on your ignition and have someone run the washers while you listen near the resevoir.If the pump is good, you'll hear it.That means that there is probably a clog in the hose, usually at a t-fitting or a connector,or in the nozzles themselves, the actual hose doesn't usually clog.Washer fluid tends to harden into this white s***, and clog little plastic things.All you have to do is find the clog and clean it out with a paper clip or piece of thin wire.If you don't hear anything, then the pump is bad, or there is a blown fuse or electrical problem.The majority of the time it's a bad pump.They are real easy to change.Just unplug it, disconnect the hose and pop out the old pump and grommet then pop in the new ones.They're somewhere near the bottom of the resevoir too.Sorry, I don't know how to spell resevoir.

It seems like everytime something happens to my car, the majority of the time its a poor connection/bad sensor.
-Just about every year I get the door ajar message even when all my doors are shut. I just spray a little WD-40 on the contacts and that takes care of it. Maybe there is a similar fix with the washer fluid problem?

Bmetzger8 said:
It seems like everytime something happens to my car, the majority of the time its a poor connection/bad sensor.
-Just about every year I get the door ajar message even when all my doors are shut. I just spray a little WD-40 on the contacts and that takes care of it. Maybe there is a similar fix with the washer fluid problem?
Yea, anytime you're dealing with a sensor, its a good idea to check the wires, plugs and electrical contacts first.Corrosion is your #1 enemy when it comes to electrical connections.I always put a little electrcal grease on my plugs before I plug them back in.

here's a funny story.....I had the same problem, would keep filling it up, would not spray, and I got the message. I found out the tube going from the fill up tank got disconnected and it just kept running out everytime I filled up. I thought it was just fluid I dumped on the ground, I didn't realize it was all coming out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back