Low Mileage LS's - For Sale

2005 LS V8 - 83,929 miles - Charcoal Beige with Beige interior - Asking $4,699 - Located in Spring Lake, MI. (Grand Rapids, MI area)

Used 2005 Lincoln LS V8 Sport for Sale in Spring Lake MI 49456 Lakeside Automotive Group

Used Lincoln LS For Sale - CarGurus

2005_lincoln_ls-pic-7708619080328188853-V8-MI.jpg

VIN: 1LNHM87A05Y619772

2004 LS V6 - 37,549 miles - True Blue Metallic with ??? interior - One Owner -Asking $??? - Located in Braintree, MA. (Boston area) SOLD

*NOT ACTUAL CAR PHOTO*

Used Lincoln LS For Sale - CarGurus

2004-TrueBlue-V6-STOCK.jpg

VIN: 1LNHM86S44Y684200

Last edited:
Remember those Calif cars have extra air pollution equipment. And they fail $$$$

I've owned 'California' cars for years now, never had any of those issues. At least 13 other states require the same smog equipment as California.

Arizona, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington and Washington DC.

Look underneath most CA cars, they look like they just left the showroom floor. Try that in most other states.

Remember those Calif cars have extra air pollution equipment. And they fail $$$$

WTF? 'California Emissions' is a standard for which all cars sold in the US meet. US manufacturers do not make and market cars for individual states; they produce cars destined for the US market to meet the CARB Standard. You don't actually believe that a car sold in (insert state name here) will need to be altered to meet emission standards for (insert state name here) do you?

Last edited:
WTF? 'California Emissions' is a standard for which all cars sold in the US meet.US manufacturers do not make and market cars for individual states; ...

Not true, or at least it wasn't true just a few years back. For all I know, some still may not. That said, as far as the LS goes, they probably all did meet California requirements. Mine have a sticker under the hood that says they meet California emissions requirements. Both were purchased new in Mississippi and Alabama.

It seems pretty clear to me since the stickers under the hood specifically say California and not USA, that California (and some other states probably too) has stronger emissions requirements than many of the rest of the states. From that, it seems possible that some cars do not meet California standards, but can still be sold and used in other states. In particular, some high-end imported cars come to mind. I do remember buying one or more cars in the past that stated they met 48 states emissions requirements, and that there was a "California" option available.

California since the 90s has had very strict emissions standards. Smog is terrible and air quality in southern California is horrible around any densely populated area on a hot day above 80 degrees. The majority of vehicles that meet California emissions standards and differ from the engineered version that is mass produced for the rest of the country are those vehicles using engines with technology developed prior to the late 90s. Engines engineered during the 90s and put to use in vehicles 2000 model year and newer are very clean and efficient low emissions engines compared to those engineered in the late 70s and early 80s that were put to use in vehicles well through the 90s.

Just about every vehicle 2000 model year and newer meets California emissions standards with the factory engineering and nothing else required. Vehicles pre 2000 especially those still using pushrod designs were sometimes equipped with extra catalytic converters or different timing/different ECM program usually resulting in less power because of less fuel injected in cylinders.

A great example right on this website is a California emissions equipped Mark VII. I believe it was 1991 and 1992 years that actually received Mass airflow sensors instead of the Map sensor and speed density program the rest of the states ran. Mark VIIs in the rest of the country are only speed density. The Mass airflow was equipped to the California models only to allow a more advanced degree of fuel management for a more efficient combustion due to the mass airflow sensor able to adjust to atmospheric events as the speed density program while reliable can only work within a confined parameter with little to no adjustment otherwise.

Mass airflow, direct injection, and variable valve timing have done a wealth of good for the internal combustion engine as we see them today utilizing all these features that help manage fuel/air ratios and keep the engines efficient making the most of the fuel ignited.

Members online

No members online now.
Back