Low fuel pressure help on a Gen2 needed

Shmoops

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hullo all.

Had some issues with my 98 not wanting to run @ anything over idle, sputtering, jerking, refusal to rev, etc etc. Got a loaner test gauge & it was showing me ~20 at running at idle so i assumed bad/weak pump. Dropped it off @ local shop due to weather/other issues & after the pump was replaced we all found out it has a FPDM that the shop now assumes is bad instead. After digging thru threads back from 2011 I find comments that 98-04 mustang FPDMs should work so i picked up 3 from a local P-N-P & drop them off over the weekend. As of this evening car still won't start & shop is insisting that they think it requires the original lincoln FPDM

1. For sure will 2000 mustang FPDMs actually work? all are xr3f-9d372-ae i believe

2. What else could be wrong to cause low fuel pressure? Can something like CPS or CPS harness plug cause low pressure or is that a no-pressure situation?

Not sure on the mustang one but a bad crankshaft position sensor or harness can prevent starting

Ok after much time spent & multiple FPDMs including a 2nd proper one, I've been told by the mechanic that he think's it the security system shutting down the FPDM. He's jumpering around the box entirely to give the pump constant juice w/ the key on. So...what are the odds he's right & is there anyway i can fix it & put it back to stock down the road?

.... So...what are the odds he's right & is there anyway i can fix it & put it back to stock down the road?
Zero! Get away from him before he does more damage...

It sounds to me like you may have a bad SCIL I bought an extra off Ebay just in case I ran into your type of problem. Here is a link to SCIL issues. Its located on the passenger side kick wall. It controls soup to nuts with Anti Theft and a host of other start/no start issues.

Members online

No members online now.
Back