loudest setups

loudlincoln1

LVC Member
Reaction score
what type of box have any of you used that got the loudest with one 12 on about 1400 watts?

depends on how much room you have to work with, but to answer your question the two most common types of enclosures are ported or sealed. as far as loudness goes ported all the way most of the time

mont said:
depends on how much room you have to work with, but to answer your question the two most common types of enclosures are ported or sealed. as far as loudness goes ported all the way most of the time

Ported is definately the way to go. I have a 13" Focal sub, sealed in 1.77cuft, and it hits well, but not really low. New installation will have it ported in a 2.44cuft enclosure. Not sure that the tune will be, but I think it will do fine.

First you need to give us an idea as to what subwoofer you have...then how much room you can use.

i've got a DD 9512,and i have the whole trunk of my '94 towncar to work with,and if you need to know amps and power im gonna be using a concept cc-d1200 and it does 1000-1200 at 2 ohm.

rmac694203 said:
I've heard that you pick up about 3dB just by porting a box.

that isn't totally true. while your sub might play lower in a ported box, 3db is a huge climb just by porting your box. Generally you have to double your power to achieve 3db.

my box is 3.5 cu.ft. ported to 35 hz.,it hits low,just not as loud as i would like it to be,i was thinking about building a new box and raising my tuning freq. to around 40-45hz.,and maybe makin the box a little bigger.i also forgot to mention i have an optima battey for my system,next year i should be putting the optima under the hood and gettin an NSB 12-370 for the system.

Win ISD

To really get the tone you want each and every sub needs a unique box. 50 hz is a good middle of the ground tone but a lot of rap and hip hop is tuned to 35-45 hz. Google WIN ISD to download the sweetest program any box builder would want. It is a free program that lets you enter(or may already have) every spec for every sub. You enter the tone you want and let the program tell you what size and port length you need to build. You will have a match set sub and box.

-3dB (or half-power, or cutoff) point. This line represents the frequency at which the usable bass output of the box "runs out of steam". Any frequencies below the intersection at the -3dB point simply won't be reproduced very well by the box. This is determined by the port and or the volume if the box. PLEASE download WIN ISD and go through the getting started section of the program. You will understand everything after that, it explains absolutly everything about bass and boxes.

ok,thanks,i downloaded it last night,it is somewhat complicated but once i mess with it somemore i'll get the hang of it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back