Loud Fan noise

omej

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been having a loud fan noise every time i turn on the ac, I've already replaced the degas bottle and the fan pump actuator. I don't have an over heating problem I'm just experiencing the loud annoying noise. Does anyone have any ideas of what it can be?

Don't all cars have a fan noise that kicks in when the air is on? Lol. I'm drunk right now but my car is for sure louder when the air is on then when it is not on. And it sounds like a fan blowing. Idk. My friends passed out and I am the guy who likes to party until the sun rises. Damn I hate this.

Sorry but yea if this noise is an issue I might need help solving it too

Op, does the sound of the fan increase and decrease as you use the gas pedal or remain the same regardless?

Sounds like a buzzing or blender? It's probably the pump or air bubbles getting into the fluid. Mine's made noise since '05 (140,000 miles ago) and I deliberately ignored it hoping it would fail so I could swap in an electric fan. That f'n thing is still kicking.

When U replaced the fan pump did U bleed the Hydraulic Cooling Fan System. If so how.

So, I am wondering. My LS 2000 V6 makes a loud noise also. Now that I read that air bubbles in the fluid or bad pump may cause this... I wonder if this is my problem.

My Cooling Fan Hydraulic pump has a crack on the the pipe that a pressure hose goes onto. At first it sounded like the usual loud noise FORD cars make when the power steering pump runs without fluid. I noticed the sub tank for the cooling fan was almost empty. I added added fluid, noise gradually went away (pump noise) but fan sounds loud, like a 747 coming at you. I still have not replaced my pump, so I hope when I do and make sure there is no air in the fluid, it wont be as loud.

I have to be filling it up like every 3 or 4 days, and i guess it sucked air when it ran super low.. you guys think replacing the pump should help? Or are there other things to look at?

Op, does the sound of the fan increase and decrease as you use the gas pedal or remain the same regardless?

Yeah the noise does increase or decrease along with the gas pedal. I don't know if I properly primed the fan pump when I replaced the fan pump actuator, I think I read somewhere in this forum that prior to turning on the car you are supposed to turn the fan by hand after adding the new fluid in it.

Members online

Back