Loose Sagging Upper Trunk Liner 2002 & up LS

Mr.Howie

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How to properly secure the loose, sagging upper trunk liner (under package shelf).

Tools Needed: Drill and 1/4" drill bit

Parts Needed: 1/4" short push pin retainers (available at any parts store or bodyshop supply).

First inspect the liner and push up with your hand.

While holding liner up into position drill vertically 1/4" holes exactly between the factory push pins at the trunk opening.

Dill holes at each end of the trunk liner (at the trunk opening).

Now go farther into the trunk on your back (wearing safety glasses), and inspect both loose ends of the liner above each the wheel wells near the seat backs.

Drill 1/4" holes at each end and install push pins.

Note: Do not put push pins in the middle of the liner area, you will be drilling into speakers and an amplifier. Drill only on the trunk opening side and the seat back side of the liner.

After completing the repair, you will have a solid mounted liner and approx. 1 1/4" more of trunk space.

DSC04534.jpg

DSC04553.jpg

DSC04535.jpg

DSC04543.jpg

DSC04544.jpg

DSC04546.jpg

DSC04548.jpg

DSC04549.jpg

DSC04550.jpg

I could definitely use this. This should be added to the common DIY list. Thank you for the writeup.

Now let's see one for the sagging 3rd brake light headliner on 2nd gens.

Im' also a big fan of 3m Velcro strips... I HATE push pins / plastic clips/ christmas trees (not the Holiday kind)

Velco(adhesive side) likes to come undone when it get's hot though.

I like push pin's, except for when they're securing door panels.

Velco(adhesive side) likes to come undone when it get's hot though.

I like push pin's, except for when they're securing door panels.

True that my gmc jimmy had those stupid things I got fed up and pulled it as hard as I could and ended snapping the door panel in half.

You could use the same 1/4" vinyl rivets that are for the engine cowls, I'm sure. Or find a smaller profile version at Lowes. You can remove and reuse them as desired.

I'm in thanks for the tip will make the mod tonight I've tons of new push pins that o bought for the restoration left over

Members online

Back