Looking to spruce up 1997 Town Car Cartier(Small story in it)

Katpr615

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So, about two(maybe three) years ago, my parents bought a 97 Cartier with 70,000 miles on it and it was in near perfect condition. It was actually an older lady's car(believe it or not, haha). Well, after my dad passed away in September, I was passed down the car an i'm looking to make it as close to original and then some. My dad has been a car guy since he was 13 and is now 55. So he has had plenty of cars and we have a few cool ones now. I'll post pictures. Anyway, he bought the town car because he knew what great cars they were and since it is now mine, i'm looking to make it very close to new. The only thing it really needs is headliner, carpet, the flap/covers for the rear ashtrays, seat dye, and I think that is all for the interior...After it gets all of that, it'll be looking up to par with what it used to. The exterior of the car is nearly perfect. So here comes the "then some" I stated earlier. I'm thinking of maybe swapping out the exhaust manifold to something that'll help it breath a little better as well as replacing the exhaust pipes. I don't want one that is super loud and cheesy sounding, but i'd like to have it sound a bit more 'mean' when you push it. Also, right now we have the replacement intake on it, but i'd like to maybe switch that out with a PI intake. Then..there's a few other small things like spark plugs and oil. So basically, my questions are:

- Where can I get a new headliner? Who can replace it or can I do it myself?
- The same with carpet, where can I get it? How can I make sure it is the correct color? Is it an easy job to do yourself?
- How can I fix or replace the "wood" covers/flaps over the rear ashtrays in the doors?
- I think I found the seat dye color and everything(so I think I have that covered)
- Which exhaust headers would be best to buy? I have a rough idea on these things, but i'd like to have the opinions of others.
- Same with exhaust pipes, like I said, I want it to not drone so much and to be relatively quiet until I really get down on it.
- Which car would be the best to pull a PI intake from? Or which would be the best to buy. By best I mean, most compatible or maybe the most compatible/best performing.
- Which spark plugs would be best to buy? And which oil should I run?

Basically, i'm just trying to put some new life into this car. I really really love the idea that I can comfortably ride around, but still spin the tires when given the chance. Sorry if some of these are a little too general or if they're found in other threads, but I figured this would be a good thread for making an all around badass Town Car.

So, about the pictures, you can the Town Car i'm talking about. A 2005 PT Cruiser 5-speed(sold). An '82 Mustang 5.0 with a built engine, Nitrous, custom body work, custom interior and everything else you can see(sold). A 1977 Continental with 1997 town car tail lights sitting on it. Also custom body work. A 1967 Chrysler Imperial with a built 440 in it, custom body and interior work. A 1977(I think) Cadillac Seville that was being turned into a 3 door pick up truck(sold). And his 81 corvette with a 383 stroker in it. Also with custom body work. My dad single handedly did all of this work, but never got to finish them all. Some of these pictures were taken in the past month and some are around 3 years old. But it really is a bummer that I never got into cars the way I am now back when he was still around. Anyway, you guys, I hope you can help me out with this. I'd really love to get this car back to how it should be. Thank you.

IMG_20141013_165118.jpg

IMG_20141013_165046.jpg

IMG_20141013_164825.jpg

IMG_20141013_164724.jpg

IMG_20141013_164656.jpg

S8002871.jpg

S8002826.jpg

S8002742.jpg

S8002705.jpg

S8002696.jpg

Pt Cruiser 173.jpg

Lincoln 035.jpg

Lincoln 053.jpg

As for interior work check with a reputable interior shop near you.
Ashtrays got to the local pick a part or try and fix yours.
Now for the motor just treat it like a pre pi mustang
I wouldn't buy used pi stuff. If you have the extra money buy new heads cams intake and enjoy.
Nice car collection too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back