Looking for some help/tips/thoughts selling a 96 Lincoln Mark VIII 58k miles...

Eddie K

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum. My name is Eddie and I live in Austin, TX. I'm looking for some help/thoughts/tips. I have a red 96 Mark VIII with 58k miles, runs great, new brakes, new ball joints, air ride works... It doesn't have anything wrong with it other than the amp for the stereo needs to be replaced (it has a new CD/mp3 deck), and the fuel door button on the door needs to be replaced. It was barely driven before I bought it in 2014. I wouldn't be selling the car, but I came into an opportunity for a 4 year old car that I couldn't pass up... What do you think I should be asking for the car? Is there any information I should pull together? I appreciate the help! Thank you!
IMG_20170211_101402138_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170211_101348737.jpg
IMG_20170304_152110814.jpg
-Eddie

As with selling any car detail the inside and out, put the wheels on the correct way.
As for price you need to find comparables in your area.
In mn I'd think ask $5k and get 4 to 4.5k

As with selling any car detail the inside and out, put the wheels on the correct way.
As for price you need to find comparables in your area.
In mn I'd think ask $5k and get 4 to 4.5k
Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate your thoughts! Thanks again!

That is very low mileage for a 21 year old car, and a good detail inside, outside and under the hood would go a very long way. Taking good photos and a nice write up also will help your cause, I agree with slowmarkviii, the 96 is the best of both worlds in that it has the first gen good looks and is obdii. It also has the curse of being the odd mark viii in that certain systems are unique to that year only and the parts required to make those systems function properly are very hard to find (I know, I have a 96). Wish you weren't so far from me, I'd be tempted to add a newer 'twin' to my collection. Mine has 132,000 and is in perfect condition, I'd think I could get close to $5000 for mine if I held out for that number. I would be throwing in all kinds of spare parts collected over the past 12 years, and I have chrome 10 spokes and a 1000 watt sub in the trunk. 70,000+ less miles would be nice, might consider advertising it in a national publication like Hemmings or Auto Trader to get top dollar. Good luck.

That is very low mileage for a 21 year old car, and a good detail inside, outside and under the hood would go a very long way. Taking good photos and a nice write up also will help your cause, I agree with slowmarkviii, the 96 is the best of both worlds in that it has the first gen good looks and is obdii. It also has the curse of being the odd mark viii in that certain systems are unique to that year only and the parts required to make those systems function properly are very hard to find (I know, I have a 96). Wish you weren't so far from me, I'd be tempted to add a newer 'twin' to my collection. Mine has 132,000 and is in perfect condition, I'd think I could get close to $5000 for mine if I held out for that number. I would be throwing in all kinds of spare parts collected over the past 12 years, and I have chrome 10 spokes and a 1000 watt sub in the trunk. 70,000+ less miles would be nice, might consider advertising it in a national publication like Hemmings or Auto Trader to get top dollar. Good luck.
Thank you for the info and advice! Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I'm not opposed to shipping the car if you're considering adding a 'twin' still! Let me know! Haha thanks again!

my daughter just bought a Tesla X and is shipping her 2000 Celica GTS back to me (from LA) because she wants me to hang on to it (her first car in her name, sentimental reasons)-it is going to cost around $850 to ship it, but it is a tiny car compared to a Mark-if you get an idea of what shipping would be to Southeast Pa I might think about it-looks nice, but is not detailed (yet) and the wheels are a real turn-off being on totally wrong (it'll take me 45 minutes to fix that). :)

My wife would probably throw me out of the house, what with TWO more cars, but I could survive the initial storm...can't have too many fun cars IMO

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum. My name is Eddie and I live in Austin, TX. I'm looking for some help/thoughts/tips. I have a red 96 Mark VIII with 58k miles, runs great, new brakes, new ball joints, air ride works... It doesn't have anything wrong with it other than the amp for the stereo needs to be replaced (it has a new CD/mp3 deck), and the fuel door button on the door needs to be replaced. It was barely driven before I bought it in 2014. I wouldn't be selling the car, but I came into an opportunity for a 4 year old car that I couldn't pass up... What do you think I should be asking for the car? Is there any information I should pull together? I appreciate the help! Thank you!
View attachment 828487101 View attachment 828487102 View attachment 828487103 -Eddie

An offer of 4to4500 would be a fair price to accept. so ask 4700. I own a mark 8 96 and paid 2800 but have put over 1000 in it so I would buy one at 4000 with needing nothing. My car neede imrc's/

An offer of 4to4500 would be a fair price to accept. so ask 4700. I own a mark 8 96 and paid 2800 but have put over 1000 in it so I would buy one at 4000 with needing nothing. My car neede imrc's/
Thank you very much!

Members online

Back