Looking for some advise on a LS

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a car and came across this on Craigslist. What specific things should I look for? Any comments would be greatly appreciated

2004 LINCOLN LS SPORT SEDAN
Unless the Transmission is problematic on this car it’s going to be a good solid car with all the regular maintenance that goes along with the Lincoln LS ....plastic cooling system parts that wear out over time and of course the suspension that is coils over shock absorbers ...lower ball joints are pressed into knuckle along with original parts becoming extinct unless you go with aftermarket it’s a good solid car...last but not least ....this car is like any other car ...some will be lemons and others will be a straight Gem

Looks like a good car! Totally agree, the LS like any other car has had their issues, but mine has been rock solid for the last 6 years and almost 200K on miles!

If you can get any maintenance records and a carfax that's a plus!

To bad it's being sold by a dealer (I'm assuming a dealer based on the paper over the floor mats) and not the original owner so you could find out exactly what's been done/not done to it. We bought the exact same car (2003) a little over a year ago from a dealer. One owner, 48k miles, Silver/Gray, V8, for about the same price, etc. 2003's and early 2004's I've now been told had bad transmission fluid in them that was missing an additive. 2,500 miles after buying ours it was getting a remanufactured transmission. ($2,800) A bit later all the cooling plastic parts needed replacement. Don't make the mistake others have made, use OEM parts for that repair. Factory coils that didn't last, replaced them, plugs, etc. A couple other things here and there and we have over twice what we paid for the car with about 62k miles on it.

As others mentioned, hope you get a 'gem' and not the lemon. We love the car itself, just been the worst car I've ever owned as far as getting it to run correctly.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Members online

Back