Looking for screen

04silverls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys been awhile got switch to 2nd/3rds 12hr shifts 5 days a week, havent had time to get on with work and family. Well i got some money and im looking for a screen i wanted the factory but there way to much for factory. So what brands are good I know alpine and clarion but whats else ? i want just one that look like it belongs there not a flip out robotic one lol thannks alot check these out ive found so far

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...its=I%2BC&itu=UCI&otn=10&ps=63&category=32825

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...kparms=algo=SI&its=I%2BC&itu=UCI&otn=10&ps=63

Yeah sonicelectronix has real good prices. Just bought a zune interface form there for half the price of everywhere else. So do you just want something to use as a video screen or one with nav also? I've heard kenwood is one of the better ones, I thought pioneer was ahead of kenwood but I guess not. They are both good

Hi guys been awhile got switch to 2nd/3rds 12hr shifts 5 days a week, havent had time to get on with work and family. Well i got some money and im looking for a screen i wanted the factory but there way to much for factory. So what brands are good I know alpine and clarion but whats else ? i want just one that look like it belongs there not a flip out robotic one lol thannks alot check these out ive found so far

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...its=I%2BC&itu=UCI&otn=10&ps=63&category=32825

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...kparms=algo=SI&its=I%2BC&itu=UCI&otn=10&ps=63

For only a few bucks more you can get ones with built in GPS.

Havebeen wanting a screen also from sonic. But I want the eclipce avn. But I heard that they are not and authorize dealer, so if the unit locks up u can't get the code from eclipce.

Havebeen wanting a screen also from sonic. But I want the eclipce avn. But I heard that they are not and authorize dealer, so if the unit locks up u can't get the code from eclipce.

Those AVN from eclipse are nice. I have one. I got mine from www.dealercostcaraudio.com check that place out it had some really good prices when I got mine.

where at ?? lol i wouldnt mind a GPS but it isnt a top priority unless i find one with a decent price then i will.

They're all over Ebay & a few of my friends have the off brand ones & they work just as good some even have more functions & options.

Here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-Din-7-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-Navigation-SD-MP3_W0QQitemZ180453091168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a03d7a760#ht_17790wt_1118

Or this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Erising-ES901G-7-2-Din-GPS-Car-DVD-Player-Autoradio_W0QQitemZ160393562859QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2558338aeb#ht_11236wt_1002

Last edited:
kenwood excelon the only thing to buy
http://woofersetc.com/

I'm liking my old kenwood excelon ddx7015:

hufull.jpg

I've since bought a new dash kit so it doesn't have such a huge gap around it.

Also have the KNA G510 navigation. But that's hidden under the center console.

I'm liking my old kenwood excelon ddx7015:

hufull.jpg

I've since bought a new dash kit so it doesn't have such a huge gap around it.

Also have the KNA G510 navigation. But that's hidden under the center console.

Why would anyone get an old stereo that you have to hide a navigation unit? You can get name brand & off brand ones that have everything built into the unit itself.

Why would anyone get an old stereo that you have to hide a navigation unit? You can get name brand & off brand ones that have everything built into the unit itself.

I don't see any real difference between that and the factory navigation. The factory nav module is "hid" in the trunk. If you add a satellite radio module, you will have to hide it somewhere (usually under the dash).

You're absolutely right. Next time, I'll remember to use my time machine and travel into the future to when they are available as 1 integral unit. I did not JUST purchase this. In fact, it's been a little over 2 years now.

You're absolutely right. Next time, I'll remember to use my time machine and travel into the future to when they are available as 1 integral unit. I did not JUST purchase this. In fact, it's been a little over 2 years now.

I thought you were suggesting to others to go with the old Kenwood unit. I had a unit that had the separate navi unit, but they're so cheap now I updated years ago. I like Kenwood I just think it's a lot nicer having everything in the head unit.

I don't see any real difference between that and the factory navigation. The factory nav module is "hid" in the trunk. If you add a satellite radio module, you will have to hide it somewhere (usually under the dash).

How do you not see a real difference? Maybe to an older unit, but to be able to buy an all in one unit is so much more simple & at very low prices. We're not talking about factory units here we're talking about after market ones no?

I thought you were suggesting to others to go with the old Kenwood unit. I had a unit that had the separate navi unit, but they're so cheap now I updated years ago. I like Kenwood I just think it's a lot nicer having everything in the head unit.

Kenwood does make integral nav head units too. He wanted to know what other brands are good. I think kenwood excelon is a good brand.
Except right now one of my operator arms (or whatever they're called) is either broken or out of alignment, so the screen won't fold down to let me change the dvd/cd. But I hardly ever use that anyways, as I use my ipod.

How do you not see a real difference? Maybe to an older unit, but to be able to buy an all in one unit is so much more simple & at very low prices. We're not talking about factory units here we're talking about after market ones no?

You have your reasons for believing one way is better than another, and that's fine. However, you come off as though you are saying there is only one way to do it. I don't know, maybe some of the separate modules are better than some of the integrated ones, maybe not. I am only pointing out that systems with separate modules are valid. From the end user standpoint, they function just the same.

Certainly, it is easier to install an all-in-one unit, but does that mean that you would throw out a two piece unit if it were given to you?

I am only pointing out that systems with separate modules are valid. From the end user standpoint, they function just the same.

Certainly, it is easier to install an all-in-one unit, but does that mean that you would throw out a two piece unit if it were given to you?

lets not forget that with an integrated unit, if one part of it fails then you have to replace the whole thing, with a unit that has separate parts, you can just replace the module that is bad.

i would recommend a unit that does not have moving parts for the face, the simpler they, are the more reliable they are.

how would it lock in the first place?

you put in a cd and have the unit program it as your unlock cd. So when the power is disconnected(stolen) the unit locks. So if you dont have the cd you to unlock the unit, you have to call ecplise and have them unlock it, but you must be have your recipt for a dealer such as crutchfield or a place ecplise sells too.

You have your reasons for believing one way is better than another, and that's fine. However, you come off as though you are saying there is only one way to do it. I don't know, maybe some of the separate modules are better than some of the integrated ones, maybe not. I am only pointing out that systems with separate modules are valid. From the end user standpoint, they function just the same.

Of course I wouldn't throw it out, but I would sell it like I did a few years ago. I remember when a normal TV/DVD came with a brain that you had to hide somewhere & I was happy when they started making them one solid unit. It's getting very hard to find units that have a separate Navi box as most off brand & name brand are starting to come with everything built in.

you put in a cd and have the unit program it as your unlock cd. So when the power is disconnected(stolen) the unit locks. So if you dont have the cd you to unlock the unit, you have to call ecplise and have them unlock it, but you must be have your recipt for a dealer such as crutchfield or a place ecplise sells too.

Really? Cause my battery completely died the other day and when I got a new one the radio didn't ask for a special disc. It has a security code feature on it, but I don't have it turned on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back