Looking for radar detector, lidar/laser detector

I too hate the cameras, and feel them to be unconstitutional. What I really hate is how they make intersections less safe, since they cut the yellow time down so much that it causes accidents as people try to avoid running a red light when that light was green not 2 seconds before. If I am ever in an accident at an intersection like that I plan to bring legal action against whatever city installed the light. I suggest anyone else here do the same because a light that goes green to red in 2 seconds is a contributing factor in the accident.

They got caught here shortening the yellow. It is supposed to be a second for every 10 mph of the speed limit, but at every red light camera they shortened the yellow by at least a half second. They were deemed unconstitutional as a speed trap (we have clever lawyers!). Most have since been removed as there is no data supporting their belief that they prevent accidents. We did get an increase in rear-enders as, like you said, people slammed on their brakes to try and not run the light. There are very few camera intersections left.

Members online

No members online now.
Back