Looking for Person in Chicago to Install Upper/Lower Control Arms and Tie Rods

rantheman5

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Lincoln LS and live on the NW Side of Chicago. My car has about 77K miles and looking for someone that is mechanically inclined to install upper/lower control arms and inner and outer tie rods for a reasonable price. If you have experience doing this, please reply to this post. Thanks!

Randy

smartazz

are you looking to just do the work, or parts and everything.. Reasonable is relative. Front and rear?

I'll do it for $100....

Plus a first class plane ticket, 5 star hotel accommodations, and a rental car.

Man that upper control arm on the driver's side is a beast, having to pull the damn bottle out or disconnecting the hose by the firewall. I can do it for $200.

If you just loosen the bottle and use a wratchet wrench on the control arm bolt, you wont need to pull the bottle. Easily worth the cost of a wratchet wrench if you dont need to bleed the cooling system.

If you just loosen the bottle and use a wratchet wrench on the control arm bolt, you wont need to pull the bottle. Easily worth the cost of a wratchet wrench if you dont need to bleed the cooling system.

Yeah didn't have one and didn't feel like getting one. Have some now though. One thing that surprised me though was that I did not have to bleed the system. I just added coolant and was good to go.

If you end up taking it to a shop, I would recommend:

Reese Automotive
9 N Hickory Ave.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847)253-6622

Gerry Reese is the owner and I have delt with him for 10+ years, very honest guy.

I didn't touch the bottle. I did use a ratchet..... Or was a ratcheting wrench.....

I bought a set of wretched ratchet wrenches from that wratchet Harbor Freight. The upper control arm to body bolts, on the other hand, are wenches, because their flange doesn't fit between the spring coils. I trimmed mine with a Dremel

Members online

No members online now.
Back