Looking for parts to bring my LS back to life

fudge12

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of bringing my car back to life after the amount of negligence I've been giving it for the past few months :D It's currently overheating due to a cracked radiator since December (yes I added coolant before every drive and in between) and now recently started to have a really rough idle. It feels like half the engine is missing but when I accelerate it smooths out. Sometimes it just dies at idle regardless if it runs smooth or rough but it dosent die out every time. I broke the right side valve cover breather hose right at the T splitter coming off the intake.

Does anyone know if I can buy this hose separately or must I replace the whole assembly?

I also noticed that the boot where the pcv valve hose connects into the back of the engine has a split making a hissing sound. This could probably be the cause of both banks running lean (P0171 P0174). The hose itself is fine however. Can I purchase this boot separately?

I must say, after neglecting to do VCG's, coils, and radiator/plumbing, the car dosen't want to give up. Probably not the best car around but it sure has a lot of potential.

Edit: I forgot to mention, if I rev the car abruptly at idle, I hear a rattle. Sorta like something is loose. I don't have a second pair of ears to help me out on this one. It's a v6 Gen 1.

if the rattle sounds like a baby rattle then theres quite a few members who can help you here!
joedrt, 1quietls, ls4play, grell.. those are just the ones off the top of my head hahah goodluck

if the rattle sounds like a baby rattle then theres quite a few members who can help you here!
joedrt, 1quietls, ls4play, grell.. those are just the ones off the top of my head hahah goodluck

lol i hope they see this thread. ive read the v8's have this problem but mine is a v6.

i got a v6 too.. mine is gen ii
i dont know the answers to all of your questions, but i would imagine that if you find the part on motorcraft.com and get a part number for it, then call the dealer you can probably find out if motorcraft makes it and sells it indepently of an assembly... while youre at it, you might want to check the service specials at your local dealers.. a few of them (remember both fords and lincolns can service it) have been doing free inspections for a few yrs, you just gotta check the service specials on their website is all.

it seems like some aftermarket co makes replacements for almost every hose ever, so you may be able to get the part number off a motorcraft diagram and then shop around at your national part store's websites for the replacement by punching in the part number you gleaned from motorcraft.com

the pcv question i dont know the answer to either, but once again motorcraft.com and the dealer should have your answer. ALSO OF NOTE: some model yrs had that PCV under Recall... mine was replaced for free a few yrs ago by the dealer. that is worth a google or calls to the dealership's service dept... also of note, some dealers told me it wasnt recalled, even though it was. others were willing to replace for free right away, no questions asked. mine is an 05 if that helps, not sure if the recall was 05s only or for all v6's.

i honestly have no clue on the rattle, ill leave that one to the babys... one of yall missin ya wittle wattle?!

We'll I looked a little harder today at my coils. It seems the driver side coils (easiest ones to get at) were swapped with visteon brand coils. The passenger side seems to be still running motorcraft. Perhaps the ones that the car were originally manufactured with. They do seem rather old in appearance but I won't know for sure until I get the intake off

I suspect the rattle is coming from marginal cops (my bet is on the passenger side) that can't keep up with the rest causing a misfire. If anyone can chime in and confirm my thinking, it'll be appreciated.

Just an update. Looks like I'll need both sides ball joint and drivers side tie rod. Yesterday night a friend of mine decided to drive his truck home after heavy boozing. Long story short, I chased him down a remote road that was full of potholes and found his truck smashed into a parked car. His truck was closed to being totaled. He was able to walk away without any injuries. The LS on the other hand had a rough ride and probably won't be driven for a few weeks until I can fix the suspension. It's a bummer :/

Just an update. Looks like I'll need both sides ball joint and drivers side tie rod. Yesterday night a friend of mine decided to drive his truck home after heavy boozing. Long story short, I chased him down a remote road that was full of potholes and found his truck smashed into a parked car. His truck was closed to being totaled. He was able to walk away without any injuries. The LS on the other hand had a rough ride and probably won't be driven for a few weeks until I can fix the suspension. It's a bummer :/

Lol he's been doing both for over 5 years. He bought the truck only last year. 2013 Chevy Tahoe. That's where drinking and driving while showing off gets ya.

Members online

No members online now.
Back