Looking for input on a 3.0 engine tick

02ls194

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My car is a 2002 base v6 with 125k miles on the frame. Ive replaced the engine with a younger one with now 70k miles. Im now noticing a tick/pinging noise in this motor. Similar to the timing chain issue I had on the first motor but its coming from the top rear of the motor. Ive always used 5w20 RP oil and a motorcraft filter. Never once has my car seen any other fuel than 91 or 93 octane. This ticking doesnt happen when the car is cold. Only happens when the car is fully warmed up. Also the ticking seems to be related to the rpms of the engine. Ticks faster at high rpms and louder when the car revs down. Sounds to me like sticky lash adjusters but i would like a second opinion. The link is to the Lincoln LS Enthusiasts page where my video is.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201578437355329&set=o.16514092807&type=2&theater

You sure its not just normal tick? You know these engines are SOLID CAM engines. They use shim on bucket deal.

Yeah I knew that. It could be normal, the car hasnt lost power and doesnt hesistate at all...but its never had a tick before

Wellll...... STOP USING ROYAL PURPLE and switch to a much better synthetic; like Mobil1 or Amsoil. BTW, Castrol synthetic isn't really a synthetic oil. It is reformulated mineral oil. They sued the gummint to change the definition of synthetic to accommodate their formula.

Wellll...... STOP USING ROYAL PURPLE and switch to a much better synthetic; like Mobil1 or Amsoil. BTW, Castrol synthetic isn't really a synthetic oil. It is reformulated mineral oil. They sued the gummint to change the definition of synthetic to accommodate their formula.

so Castrol synthetic is not a good oil for this cars.

Members online

No members online now.
Back