Looking for drilled rotors.

eL eS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for drilled rotors. Also, where is a good place to shop online for drilled rotors? I'd prefer to steer clear of flea-bay.

Thanks

Also thoughts/feedback on:

drilled through
dimpled
dimpled and slotted

I do not want to deal with rusty as brakes and have seen a lot of drilled through that look like victims of a drive by shooting.

thx

Dimpled gives you the look of cross drilled but without the structural integrity issues of cross drilling. If coated properly, like EBC's, you shouldn't have any rusting problems on the areas that are not meeting the brake pads.

Looking for recommendations for drilled rotors. Also, where is a good place to shop online for drilled rotors? I'd prefer to steer clear of flea-bay.

Thanks

It would seem you answered your own question in your signature.

Dimpled gives you the look of cross drilled but without the structural integrity issues of cross drilling. If coated properly, like EBC's, you shouldn't have any rusting problems on the areas that are not meeting the brake pads.

Hey thank for chiming in with the ebc product info. I have been checking these guys out and was oping to get some feedback from fellow LS owners.

For the rotors they come in pairs correct? How about the pads... is the pricing per side or is it full front/back

For the rotors they come in pairs correct? How about the pads... is the pricing per side or is it full front/back
The EBC rotors Ken sells come in per-axle pairs--you get a Left and Right rotor in each set (the slots make the directional). I just bought a full set of the EBC Ultimax rotors from him, and so far, I've been very happy with them.

Looking also for theses and a good set of brake pads, quiet ones :)
I've had Porterfield R4S and EBC Green pads. They're both excellent pads; I think the EBCs are about as good as the Porterfields, with better cold bite, but they dust more than the Porterfields.

Based on my experience, the "quiet" factor seems to be highly dependent on the installation, though the Porterfields were more forgiving--I didn't do anything to the rotors, and they never squealed at all. The EBC Greens need the cross-hatched surface prep to break up the glaze on the rotor surface to prevent squealing.

Thank ya thank ya.

Less Dust would be nice too...chrome rims,...dont want to clean them daily.

I got my rotors from irotors, but have yet to install them. I did install raybestos brake pads on the stock rotors and so far they're good.

I used Irotors and they lasted over a year with no rust.

Porterfield pads as well.

Yeah the porterfields rock without a doubt. I used them on my 00 LS and they were virtually dust free. IIRC the were priced pretty high though.

Yeah the porterfields rock without a doubt. I used them on my 00 LS and they were virtually dust free. IIRC the were priced pretty high though.
They're a little bit higher than the EBC Reds, but not outrageously so--they're $89.95 for the fronts, vs. $71.87 for the EBC Reds at LSK (that's list-to-list). They are quite a bit more than the EBC Greens, though.

They're a little bit higher than the EBC Reds, but not outrageously so--they're $89.95 for the fronts, vs. $71.87 for the EBC Reds at LSK (that's list-to-list). They are quite a bit more than the EBC Greens, though.

wow. I think the prices have come down since I last ordered them. I should have given them another look. I ordered the EBC Red Stuff and the dimpled/slotted rotors. Hopefully they will be here before the weekend because I am braking on thin ice now.

Question: When winding the rear pistons back do I need to take the fluid reservoir cap off?

I was reviewing the steps from the motorcraft manual and it didn't state whether I should or not. I do not recall what I did last time.

thanks

Question: When winding the rear pistons back do I need to take the fluid reservoir cap off?

Yes take the cap off and depending how full the reservoir
you might want to take some fluid out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back