Looking for Center Caps and Lug nuts

Bengal313

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 00 LS V8 with sport package. I have th 17in aluminum wheels. Triple A changed my flat and striped 4 of the lugs. Dealer want $6 a piece. I also lost 2 center caps. Dealer want $22 a piece. Is there an alternative place to buy besides the dealer and ebay?

Advance Auto should carry the lugs. DORMAN part #6112291, but they're still 4.59 a piece.

You can order them online at Rockauto.com for 1.84 each but you have to pay shipping that way, not sure if it would be worth that for 4 lugs.

You might be better off to just replace them all. The lugs on these cars have a stainless steel cover on them that is supposed to protect them and make the look nice. But when they get about 5 years old the actual lug nut rusts underneath of the cover, which causes it to expand. Then they end up stripping because of that.

Where is O'Reilly Auto Parts? Do they have an online store? I live in Southeast Michigan near Detroit.

Check the O'Reilly Auto Parts web site, I'm sure they have a store locater.

Spend a little money and buy some Loctite never-seize, it is worth it. It wont stop an idiot from cross threading them but it will make it a little easier for removal.

Members online

No members online now.
Back