Looking for a parted out Lincoln Ls....

alnih12

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a parted Ls with the front end in fair condition. I had gotten into a wreck which basically smashed my whole front end. i only have liability insurance so i have my car parked out side my house. Im not sure how i'd really go about fixing this i was told i need a front clip. I hope i can fix it, body damage wise i just need a passenger side fender and a hood. But my radiator was pushed into my engine not too bad but none the less i'll probably be needing a new one of those and the brackets. The worst part of the damage made is the part that the hood latch is bolted on too. Im not quite sure what its called but its welded to the frame i believe. It is twisted and looks expensive to replace. Thats why i was wondering if you can even get a front clip to our cars. If so how can i take it off is it even possible. From what i was told the front clip is basically the whole front part of the vehicle including that front brace. Id really appreciate any and all help anyone can give me to get me in the right direction to save my Lincoln. I just dropped close to 10 g's on her bout a year and a half ago and would hate to let her go. Especially since i have only gotten an offer of 1000 to salvage it. I might have to end up parting her out and count my losses. Im tired of driving my old 240sx and miss my Ls, so please somebody help me out, and for anyone that has a lincoln ls they are willing to part out id appreciate if you can hit me up.

even if you get all these you will still have to take it to someone that has the tools to pull the frame to it's OEM state. this can not be done in your garage.

Just hook up your back bumper (actual bumper, NOT the cover) to a stationary object like a large tree. hook up your front bumper to a truck. Give the truck a little gas, and stretch her back :D

^ the above post was a JOKE. Do NOT try it. Just fyi :)

I wonder if I parted out my LS if it would get me more than trade in value? :D

With the price of metals, you'd probably get more money recycling her...

With the price of metals, you'd probably get more money recycling her...

Where do you go to recycle your car at. I'll get a camera soon so i'll post some pics of the damage. It hurts just to look at it, I'm extremely pissed. I paid cash for her last year and I loved my LS. I had liability so i f@ckd' up right there, plus i ran into the truck from behind destroying my whole front end. I'll try and describe this part of the car that really has the worse damage. It looks like it's possibly part of the subframe maybe. Its on the top, its a beam of some sorts that stretches from wheel well to wheel well. The hood latch is bolted to it also the radiator is mounted to it as well. Then there are two support brackets of some sort that is welded to that also. It looks horrible and i don't know if it can be fixed. I just got her sitting in my friends driveway collecting dust. Im strapped for cash at the moment and have no choice but to downgrade and drive a 240sx not bad for 440 bucks but nothing close to my lincoln. I already assumed she can't be fixed but just curious in what you guys would do. What should i do attempt to fix it, part her out, recycle her. Just whatever i can do that'll get me the most cash I live in Dallas, Texas but the car is located in McKinney Texas about 30 miles north of Dallas and and hour or so south of the oklahoma border. Just in case someone would possibly be interested in looking at my LS. Just send me a PM

I was actually kidding (in reference to 02's post above mine). I know the part you're talking about, but I don't recall the correct name (I want to say it's the radiator support, but...).

My concern would be that you crumpled some of the front-end crumple zones if you hit hard enough to drive the radiator into the engine. If that happened, I wouldn't repair it, because I'd never trust it--it means that the structural integrity of the chassis was compromised.

I'd bet that you could easily get more than $1000 if you parted out the car, and you'd probably get a good chunk of change taking the aluminum parts to a recycler (a metal recycler, not a junkyard).

Members online

Back