Looking for a door latch?

Vee8Guy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd pass on a tip. I needed a door latch for the right rear door, and found the latch assembly from a 2004 Ford Escape is the same part. It's installed now and working, so it's verified. All you have to do is swap the actuator rod and cable from the old one. Only takes a few seconds. Unfortunately from what I can figure, the front ones aren't the same. I still need one for my driver's door.

Just thought I'd pass on a tip. I needed a door latch for the right rear door, and found the latch assembly from a 2004 Ford Escape is the same part. It's installed now and working, so it's verified. All you have to do is swap the actuator rod and cable from the old one. Only takes a few seconds. Unfortunately from what I can figure, the front ones aren't the same. I still need one for my driver's door.

Yea the mechanism is rather different on the fronts of the Escape; However, they should have the same spline-shaft dc motor/gear size, so you can just transplant the motor and gear into your old housing. Just be aware of the flat ribbon cable on the driver’s side that senses the key-turns. It’s reaaally fragile and hard to move out of the way when disassembling.

I have an extra Driver side door latch ...not sure if it will work but it was working when I took it out...PM me and I could send it out to you

Members online

No members online now.
Back