Looking for a carrier

ShoogDoog

LVC Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the successful results that af62cobra got from changing the carrier bearing at the center of the driveshaft, I have decided to do the same in the hopes of ridding myself of a vibration between 40 and 50 mph. If that doesn't work, then I'll buy tires. Anyway, the problem now:

the Ford dealer says the carrier bearing can't be found, none are in the warehouse, etc. I have a call in to Maxx to see if he has one. But in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas on where I can get one of these bearings?

Thanks,

Ed
04 LSE V8

Thanks to the successful results that af62cobra got from changing the carrier bearing at the center of the driveshaft, I have decided to do the same in the hopes of ridding myself of a vibration between 40 and 50 mph. If that doesn't work, then I'll buy tires. Anyway, the problem now:

the Ford dealer says the carrier bearing can't be found, none are in the warehouse, etc. I have a call in to Maxx to see if he has one. But in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas on where I can get one of these bearings?

Thanks,

Ed
04 LSE V8

Looking at the title I was going to say we usually have a carrier tied up at North Island.....

I would say Max is your best bet. You could try Team Ford....... I'm pretty sure that bearing would be a dealer only item. Rock Auto? Tasco?

No, thanks anyway. Max and two local Ford guys said there is a back order on all of them, with no indications of when they'll be in. NAPA says they can't get it. So I went ahead and ordered it from the local Ford guy. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back