Looking for 2000LSV8 affordable Coils

JustALs

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Very low on cash and got several misfire issue everything is good engine wise ,compression,timing,fuep,spark but got misfires, thinking several of my coils are dead and was looking for new coils.
found these but no idea if they would be ok and fix my misfire until I can afford motorcrafts..

thanks

Last edited:
Motor crafts are only 41.72 on rock Auto. Com, their cheap ones start at like $7 but I prolly wouldn't trust those, lol

How many miles on the LS?

V6 or V8?

Have the coils already been replaced at some point? Maybe already with cheap coils? Or does the LS still have the original coils?

Have the spark plugs and boots been changed/replaced at any point?

Have you pulled the coils and checked for oil in the spark plug wells?

Do you have any other codes besides misfires and maybe the O2 sensors?

If you were to search this forum... you would find many threads on cheap coils.

You would also find out that cheap coils can fry the ECM... which is at a minimum a $300 repair and a week or 2 without a running vehicle.

The maximum for a fried ECM would be a new one from a dealer... and programming by the dealer... at a cost of around $1000.

Now... do cheap coils sound like a good thing to buy?

Mustang Accel Coils. The part # is 140032-8
IMPORTANT: Reverse the pins on the connectors. The Mustangs power and ground is opposite.

Better than the garbage Ford sells you. Tell Ford to shove their coils up their ass.

Mustang Accel Coils. The part # is 140032-8
IMPORTANT: Reverse the pins on the connectors. The Mustangs power and ground is opposite.

Better than the garbage Ford sells you. Tell Ford to shove their coils up their ass.
Great to hear you're having good luck with these!
Very low on cash and got several misfire issue everything is good engine wise ,compression,timing,fuep,spark but got misfires, thinking several of my coils are dead and was looking for new coils.
I went with the Spectra 8 pack ...bought all 8 which comes in a box individually separated in a 8 pack box for $80 dollars on Amazon open box warehouse ...yes these were returns but never used ...I've driven these for over a year now with 0 misfires on properly gapped G-force NGK platinum plugs ...if you're strapped for money and you're engine is tip-top except for needing COPs and plugs this might be the way to go ...Rock Auto sells this 8 pack I believe...now in conclusion....you're always supposed to go with OEM so buy the Spectras at your own risk

I started having issues with the OEM coils at 75k miles (they were known to have problems). I changed the plugs and replaced the coils with Borg Warner E418 coils.

I did a plug and boot change at 155k... and another plug and boot change last week at around 235k.

That's 160k on the Borg Warner coils. They weren't cheap (at $50 each) but have proven themselves reliable.

Plus... they have a lifetime warranty. (if/when they do fail)

Cheap parts aren't worth the headache they cause.

I ended up buying ENA coils 85$ for 8 coil, boots & springs, been running them for almost two months now with no misfires

Members online

No members online now.
Back