Looking at new Head Unit's

Dmaup

94m5 wanna be
Reaction score
The Cd changer is going out in my car and instead of spending money on a stock one I figure I'll just pick up something aftermarket that way I can have access to all of my media.

I have no real need for a Nav unit so to save costs I'm just looking at video ones for now.

Here are a couple that I'm looking at right now.

Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-P3300BT 5.8" In-Dash Double-DIN DVD AV Receiver with iPod/iPhone Control, Bluetooth, Pandora: Electronics

Amazon.com: Clarion VX400 6.5-Inch In-Dash Double-DIN Touchscreen DVD/CD/MP3/USB Receiver with Bluetooth: Electronics

I'm also open to suggestions of what everyone else is running. I just really want it to have bluetooth so I can sync my phone up and stream music that way.

They had a 6.1 screen size Jensen with navigation for about $385 last time I checked. With all the reviews and what it comes with its not a bad unit. You would have to buy the bluetooth adapter for it. I've seen other units with bluetooth and no navigation for about $400. Good reviews.

stay away from jensen...they are on the cheaper side.

anything from pioneer is way better.

The Cd changer is going out in my car and instead of spending money on a stock one I figure I'll just pick up something aftermarket that way I can have access to all of my media.

I have no real need for a Nav unit so to save costs I'm just looking at video ones for now.

Here are a couple that I'm looking at right now.

Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-P3300BT 5.8" In-Dash Double-DIN DVD AV Receiver with iPod/iPhone Control, Bluetooth, Pandora: Electronics

Amazon.com: Clarion VX400 6.5-Inch In-Dash Double-DIN Touchscreen DVD/CD/MP3/USB Receiver with Bluetooth: Electronics

I'm also open to suggestions of what everyone else is running. I just really want it to have bluetooth so I can sync my phone up and stream music that way.

I had that pioneer (3300) it was a very good HU. I loved all the customizing you can do with the colors and backgrounds. The biggest drawback for me was the fact of the front usb and no rear usb. So if your like me and use an ipod all the time having a rear usb is great, otherwise you will always have a cable hanging out of the front. as for the second one I cant comment.

I have the pioneer p3200 & I love it! I like all the options it has eventhough I only use about half of them. Syncing up my iPhone was very important to me too that's one main reason I chose it, that & for many many other reasons...I've had it for a year & i've had no problems. I'll be adding a rearview camera this summer to it.

Sell you my pioneer z2.. PM me if your interested, has nav. built in HD. ipod. video already bypassed. backup camera. xm.

I had been leaning towards the Pioneer but I have always wanted to try clarion. All my previous cars I've put Alpines in.

I had been leaning towards the Pioneer but I have always wanted to try clarion. All my previous cars I've put Alpines in.

Btw I have a kenwood ddx-616 it has a 6.1 screen built in Bluetooth but I had to add the nav. I would suggest the kenwood head units after having a couple of them. Just my 2 cents.......

My deck

Optimized-DSC01530.jpg

It is a flip-up but it came with the car.. It has been real good to me and the ease of use made me really like it.. I have an Eclipse in my truck and I would NEVER recommend it.. The Clarion can get twice the channels on the radio easily.. And I've had the truck for over a year and I still don't know how to work everything on it.. Stupid Eclipse

stay away from jensen...they are on the cheaper side.
true that, they are fukcing garbage, nine out of ten of them that we sell brake, and the worse part is that they never make it to the end of their warranty period, so every dame one i have to install, i know in t he back of my head that im going to have to install this turd at least one more time for the price of "on the house" hell i almost cried when one customer brought back their flip out unit four damn times, the best part is that something different broke every time

. The biggest drawback for me was the fact of the front usb and no rear usb.
if you really need rear usb, then check out the 4000 series (i think the 4300 is the current model) it has the rear usb

the 3300 is one if pioneers most stable and reliable units, they dont run windows like the avics do, they dont have a moving face, the only thing that is hit or miss is the bluetooth, but as parrot makes the BT software for all the major brands, they all have the same glitches and bugs.

I use that front usb port on my avh-p3100 more than anything else. I'm constantly switching music in and out. Never take my ipod in the car anymore since i started using a remote. the remote didn't control the ipod and I had my eyes off the road too much looking for music. Thumb drive works much better for me. You'll love the Pioneer.

If you are going to buy the Pioneer 3300, I would recommend spending the extra $80 and getting the new avic 930BT. It has a partial detachable face which I wish they would have done on the 920. I've had the Avic F90BT in the past. I upgraded to the 920 last year. It's a good unit as it uses the same software as the Z series. The only thing I wish they would have done was keep the preouts at 4V. Check them out here: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m25_i321_pioneer--in-dash-gps-navigation.html

Im a big pioneer fan, from ones I have used they are more user friendly and adjustable.

If you are going to buy the Pioneer 3300, I would recommend spending the extra $80 and getting the new avic 930BT.
actually the 930 is twice the price of the 3300, not just $80 more.

the X930 is $699
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32826_Pioneer-AVIC-X930BT.html
while the 3300 is $359
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32843_Pioneer-AVH-P3300BT.html

you must have been looking at the 3300 packaged with the U220 add on
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34069_Pioneer-AVH-P3300BT-AVIC-U220-Navigation-Package.html
it is $619 for both but the OP said that he didnt want nav to save money. i would agree to anyone looking at that package to also go with the 930 at the rear USB alone is worth the $80 upgrade

Members online

Back