Looking At buying Subs need Help

napoleon1072

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying 2 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 2 P212S8 but I don't know if they're any good because I don't understand the specs can someone lemme know if these specs are good??

* Size: 12 inch
* Rec. Sealed Box Dims: 0.85 - 0.85 cu. ft.
* Rec. Ported Box Dims: 1.25 - 1.25 cu. ft.
* Free Air Usage: not recommended
* Sensitivity: 86 dB
* Frequency Response: n/a
* Recommended RMS Power: 200W
* Peak Power Handling: 400W
* Impedance: 8 ohms subwoofer wiring options

It all depends on what you want. Those are pretty good subs but what are you comparing them to. Your price range and how much power you want make a difference. When your looking at the specs for subs always use the RMS power since this best represents the actual output the subs put out.
Also, what amp are you planning on using/buying? The impedance matters when you wire the the subs to your amp. Those are single voice coil subs so when you wire them together you would end up with a 4 ohm load on your amp. So when your choosing an amp you would look to see the wattage at 4 ohms.
http://rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=2&woofer_imp=2
You can use this tool to figure out your subs wiring options.

It completely matters on what you are looking to get out of them. If you want it to be super loud and rattle peoples windows then go for the 2 12's. But personally, i would recommend forgoing with the 2 12 setup and going with one higher quality sub and amp. Thats just my opinion though, i wanted something to bring more depth to the music, not wake up the neighbors.

also, im not an expert on subs, but the small difference between peak and and rms power worries me.

good luck!

Hey guys and thanks for your input. I'm looking for a nice bass something for cruising around town. I don't know what kind of sub i'd be looking at either but someone told me a Multi-Channel amp is preferable.

im selling 2 fockford fosgate subs really cheap if u want them

Members online

No members online now.
Back